DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Will do. Damned, whilst I have your attention, I really appreciate all the work you and your co-collaborators have put into Morecore, and also the instructional videos. One thing I'm struggling with though. I only seem to be able to add a single parameter to a stunt roll or a mod. I only seem to be able to add multiple parameters or ref fields to /die rolls. Am I doing something wrong or is this a feature of the system? Because I'd really like to try to keep using the stunt roll rather than /die 2d6+d2006, because of the stunt point reporting.
    Appreciate your a busy man, but would I've been going round in circles trying to make this work.

Hi all - just catching up on this - Does MoreCore work with the new Unity edition of Fantasy Grounds?
    I am wanting to leverage it for the Expanse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CH Randall View Post
    Will do. Damned, whilst I have your attention, I really appreciate all the work you and your co-collaborators have put into Morecore, and also the instructional videos. One thing I'm struggling with though. I only seem to be able to add a single parameter to a stunt roll or a mod. I only seem to be able to add multiple parameters or ref fields to /die rolls. Am I doing something wrong or is this a feature of the system? Because I'd really like to try to keep using the stunt roll rather than /die 2d6+d2006, because of the stunt point reporting.
    Appreciate your a busy man, but would I've been going round in circles trying to make this work.
    Please provide an example and ill have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricon View Post
    Hi all - just catching up on this - Does MoreCore work with the new Unity edition of Fantasy Grounds?
    I am wanting to leverage it for the Expanse.
    To the best of my knowlege - I fix bugs as they are reported to me.
    Im not currently using FGU so rely on others to report bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    To the best of my knowlege - I fix bugs as they are reported to me.
    Im not currently using FGU so rely on others to report bugs.
    Awesome - I will get it loaded up and will give you a shout if I run into anything odd..

Bricon, I've been building all my stuff in FGU, and apart from the stunt die thing not had any problems. I'm going to work on combat stunt die rolls (mostly mods) this week, and I hope to post a working character sheet next weekend. A lot of conditions are not on the character sheet as the effects aren't die related, so the mechanical effects must be dealt with narratively.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CH Randall View Post
    Bricon, I've been building all my stuff in FGU, and apart from the stunt die thing not had any problems. I'm going to work on combat stunt die rolls (mostly mods) this week, and I hope to post a working character sheet next weekend. A lot of conditions are not on the character sheet as the effects aren't die related, so the mechanical effects must be dealt with narratively.
    There are several "rolls" that just output text to chat - you might find one of these works for these?

you can do something like /trait and it will say Randall uses Lore
    another one that might work with some extra work is (try this example for fun) /chatimage with name Combat or Investigation or Sanity

Hi Damned, thanks for coming back to me. I've attached 3 images below. They show the two different methods, in this case the roll is for a dexterity action, which is modified by the PCs Dex attribute, with a penalty for wearing armour. As you will see from the roll boxes, it appears to be picking it up correctly in both cases, but when you roll the stunt based roll it strips off the second attribute.

Dexterity d2006.PNG

Dexterity stunt.PNG

Dex Rolls.PNG

Hi Damnded,

I've just been going through the rolls I've got, and the most extreme example (a stealth roll) uses 4 modifiers, one parameter which is built into the roll (called a skills focus), a bonus picked up from the attribute associated with the skill (Dex), a Dex modifier from wearing armour held as a parameter on a dedicated "roll" (actualy a trait) for armour modifiers which has to be applied to all dex related skills, and then a bonus for a stealth coating on power armour, also held as a parameter on a seperate roll/trait for power armour. So the code currently looks like this: /die 2d6+1d2006 (p1)+(a2)+(b1)+(c1). I'd like it to look like this: /stunt (p1)+(a2)+(b1)+(c1) so we get full stunt dice functionality. Is that what you were after details wise?

In fact what I decided to do was set up the focuses as modifiers, and try to preserve as many attributes as stunt rolls, so at the moment there is a rather inefficient multiple click rolling process (set up your modifiers, then roll your stunt dice), but with the extra parameters on /stunt it could all be automated to a single click for a skill roll. There's a certain elation that comes from the computer telling me immediately that I rolled a stunt which is somewhat quashed when you have to take the time to study the dice on the screen to decide if a stunt has happened.

Rgds Charles
    Last edited by CH Randall; May 27th, 2020 at 10:05.

Blog Entries
    So I get fuzzy about all these rolls. Especially for the many games Ive never played.
    My intention with this roll was that you would have a bunch of /mod rolls for your stats and skills and whatever other influences affect the roll.
    You then have a single /stunt roll.
    You click all the appropriate mods and then the roll and it outputs it all with the descriptions of all the Mods - eg Dexterity+Acrobatics+Boots of leaping

If you think that it really should be one roll with all the mods built in please have at least one other person clarify that this would be better and then Ill create a roll.
    To me it seems that
    eg. you have 6 attributes, 12 skills, 12 other
    and using your example
    you could have 6 x 12 x 12 x 11 rolls to cover all the possibilities
    eg 9,504 rolls vs 39....

Thread Information