DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 19 First 1234513 ... Last
    The extra -html option for xalan isn't required if <xsl:output is changed to <xsl:output method="html" vice "xml". The result of the app under Windows doesn't seem to change regardless of which method is set.

Blog Entries
    I just added Mac and Linux versions of the program to the first post. Can a kind Linux and Mac person test those out for me?

Didn't work under Mint Linux. The window looks fine but it acts like it is ignoring my selection for which folder to pull the XML and where to put the output. The default values don't exist on my system. No output is produced but it could be due to trying to write in a non-existent folder.

Here the Link to my 5e version 2 https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjesmorz9c...oo_v2.xsl?dl=0

Incorporated the profency checks for saves and skills, use of dexterity for melee weapons, and corrected the print layout for page 2
    I also labeld the features, traits and printed the feats and senses in the same box.

Update: had to replace V3 with V2 (V3 has my own background pic)
    Last edited by Thegroo; October 12th, 2017 at 19:32. Reason: link fixed

Can someone point me to a link - either in the forum or elsewhere - that somehow explains why Fantasy Grounds doesn't want printing to be a base part of the package? I know it's supposed to be a VTT, but this just blows my mind.

Blog Entries
    This feature will be in a future version. It relies upon some new libraries and we don't want to add any more to the current engine at this time for maintenance purposes.

Okay, it's just a very odd situation.

Herolab and D20Pro are powerful and allow some pretty graceful printing, but don't (really) support 5E. FG supports 5E but you can't print.

I see all these folks making very noble attempts to make it work, but are we all really in the minority? I ask because I've owned a Fantasy Grounds license since 2008, and always use a different tool whenever possible because of the printing thing. But since it HAS been around eight years and printing has not been addressed, I feel like maybe I'm only one of about ten users who prints?

Blog Entries
    you are not one of only 10 but it has really only been recently that the votes for printing have been really coming in.
    smiteworks are maintaining and improving the current engine plus building the new one so there are only so many things that they can deliver realistically and this hasnt made it to the top of the list at this stage.
    this tool does work and you can upload your own char sheets and style sheets so it is quite handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    PCGen handles 5e
    Forgive me if I offend, but was your post meant as a joke? I followed the steps in the PCGen post about how to get 5E into it, and the steps seemed to work, but there's almost no content...no languages..lots of drop downs where nothing..um...drops down.

So I'm not sure if something is corrupted in my install, or if your smiley at the end of your post was clueing me in that PCGEN isn't ready to handle 5E...also LOOKS like even if does, they too might stick with SRD only?

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like it's SRD only, so once again completely useless to me unless I enter custom data. I would agree that it 'handles' 5e, but in the same way as HL...not really worth the disk space to have TWO applications that can't handle my character.
    Last edited by phloog; January 30th, 2016 at 15:58.

Thread Information