5E Character Create Playlist
Page 18 of 19 First ... 816171819 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    There should be a streamingassets folder which contains them.

The XSL files can also be edited to output different HTML, shrink fonts, etc.
    Is there a program you would recommend to edit XSL files? New to this process...

Turns out one of the issues is that my players have too many items in their inventories to fit into the small equipment box on the sheet, but it's still in the XML file so places on the sheet anyway. The result is the equipment text overlaps the rest of the sheet.

Notepad++ is free lightweight editor good for XML and LUA editing. I use it for that myself. You can get it here:
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/

Edit: Occurred to me it wasn't obvious it will work for XSL too

Is it still the plan to include this functionality in FGU?

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Ignore. Figured it out.
    Last edited by swbuza; January 19th, 2023 at 12:41.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

This is really great! - Is there any possible way you could add support for D&D Classics - aka - AD&D2e ruleset - even if its just very basic - Also, I see community members are adding their own XLS templates - if i wanted to add support for 2e AD&D, would it be possible to do myself?
    This is exactly what I need.
    Last edited by spencerg; April 3rd, 2023 at 19:29.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    This is really great! - Is there any possible way you could add support for D&D Classics - aka - AD&D2e ruleset - even if its just very basic - Also, I see community members are adding their own XLS templates - if i wanted to add support for 2e AD&D, would it be possible to do myself?
    Yes you can do it yourself. After you get the base files working from the OP, check out some of the other posts with XSL templates (like post #34). Then create your own XSL file for D&D Classics. You need to start removing the empty fields or updating them with the new equivalents. You should be able to get most of the needed fields by exporting a Classic character sheet and figuring out what values you want and where.

You might also check the Classics sub-forum, one of the regulars there might already have a printing solution.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you very much - post 34 is a dead link - but... I found others.

Before I start trying to do this, I poke around more and see if someones already done it - hopefully I can figure it out and share it here if I find and/or build one.

Thank you for your Help LordEntrails!
    Last edited by spencerg; April 3rd, 2023 at 22:14.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    Oh yes please!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

can this character sheet include background and history and all the other. It didn't print out the allies & organizations either. i do see it on the xml file but it does not seem to extract it to go on the report.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech2020 View Post
    can this character sheet include background and history and all the other. It didn't print out the allies & organizations either. i do see it on the xml file but it does not seem to extract it to go on the report.
    You will need to edit/change the XSL file to add the additional fields. You will probably end up wanting to add another page for the additional info unless you can find someone to squeeze it in.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information