DMsGuild
Page 15 of 16 First ... 513141516 Last
  1. #141

    Starfinder Template

    I've put together the start of a sheet for Starfinder. The github repo is here: https://github.com/tony-schellenberg...eratorTemplate. I've already added a few issues to it for me to keep track of but please feel free to add more.

    XSL/Html/CSS is not my strongest area so constructive feedback and pull requests are welcome.

    I've attached an (obviously fake) output from an exported character to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #142
    I can't seem to get any of this to work on Mac(Mojave). I set the .xls and .xml file and named an output, but when i press make printable sheet no .html file is made.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    I'd be willing to entertain the idea, but they lost me at

    Requirements
    Windows 7 and up

    Don't have a windows machine - I've got a laptop running linux and a laptop running mac.
    Thanks for kicking out the idea though!

    I'm already thinking I might have to learn some xsl and finish off pollux's sheet.
    Just tossing in another vote for Fantasy Grounds to officially support some way to print off a character sheet. It does seem like quite an oversight at this point.
    While diving into hell XSL, you could do worse than use this one: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sheet-from-XML

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    @daddyogreman, not that I want to advertise a paid extension but this may (or may not) be something you're interested in. It is working pretty well for me for printing out FG character sheets and may be something that might help you...

    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/347...istopher+busse
    Thanks for the tip. We're doing the grand finale to Avernus in person (yay vaccines!) so I needed to get everyone's info out of FG. This was exactly what I needed and was well worth the $10 to avoid massive hassles. The reference book for the characters will be a godsend, especially given how the information is scattered across a half a dozen books.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Muffin View Post
    I can't seem to get any of this to work on Mac(Mojave). I set the .xls and .xml file and named an output, but when i press make printable sheet no .html file is made.
    Yeah doesn't work in Linux either.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyogreman View Post
    I'd be willing to entertain the idea, but they lost me at

    Requirements
    Windows 7 and up

    Don't have a windows machine - I've got a laptop running linux and a laptop running mac.
    Thanks for kicking out the idea though!

    I'm already thinking I might have to learn some xsl and finish off pollux's sheet.
    Just tossing in another vote for Fantasy Grounds to officially support some way to print off a character sheet. It does seem like quite an oversight at this point.


    I run linux too, if you want to run it you might want to try it with playonlinux (I run a ubuntu based distro). BTW I dont meet many other linux users on here.
    Gaming since '93 - DMing since '05 - Ultimate License holder
    Games willing to run:
    Savage Worlds
    3.5e DnD
    5e DnD
    Castles and Crusades

  7. #147
    I've been working on Linux for a while with this but couldn't get the binary in this thread to work either. It launches but doesn't seem to run anything when I click the button to generate output.

    If you don't need the UI, there are some other posts in this thread with a couple of options. One is xalan and the other is... xmlto I think. I've been working with xalan and it seems to work well. I can't see any noticeable difference between what I get from xalan vs running the UI in Windows.

    Here's a link to a helpful post in this thread: Xalan Post

    I don't have a Mac to test and I'm not sure about the package management system there but xalan may be an option if it's available.

  8. #148
    ddavison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,316
    Blog Entries
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Muffin View Post
    I can't seem to get any of this to work on Mac(Mojave). I set the .xls and .xml file and named an output, but when i press make printable sheet no .html file is made.
    What is the path you have set for the HTML and do you know if there are write restrictions on that location? It should create an html file and then launch a browser to display the result. At least, that is what it does in Windows.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    what is the path you have set for the html and do you know if there are write restrictions on that location? It should create an html file and then launch a browser to display the result. At least, that is what it does in windows.
    we invoked ddavison!!!!
    Gaming since '93 - DMing since '05 - Ultimate License holder
    Games willing to run:
    Savage Worlds
    3.5e DnD
    5e DnD
    Castles and Crusades

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    What is the path you have set for the HTML and do you know if there are write restrictions on that location? It should create an html file and then launch a browser to display the result. At least, that is what it does in Windows.
    I can launch it, select the xml file etc. but print does nothing. It also doesn't remember path names between use (even in the same session). I'll check permissions tomorrow and report back. (Linux)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Starfinder Playlist

Log in

Log in