5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries

Avatar customization in the new test build

I'm seeing some pretty cool avatars in the video of the new build. Will we be able to customize how our characters look with appearances, armor and weapons? Or are they images we can just pick from like the portraits? If so, pretty cool!
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Blog Entries
    They are images. Each PC/NPC has 3 images (PNG, WEBP, etc) associated to them. One for top down, one for portrait, one for full stand up for the new mode.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    I'm seeing some pretty cool avatars in the video of the new build. Will we be able to customize how our characters look with appearances, armor and weapons? Or are they images we can just pick from like the portraits? If so, pretty cool!
    You'll need to find or create an image in .wepb (or .png) format with a transparent background. You (or your DM) can add that to the Camera token area of your picture and tokens area of your character sheet.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You'll need to find or create an image in .wepb (or .png) format with a transparent background. You (or your DM) can add that to the Camera token area of your picture and tokens area of your character sheet.
    Good to know. And that will allow you to use whatever image you want for your 3D avatar?

Blog Entries
    Yes. Just like portraits and tokens, the 'camera' is just an image, but it's intended to be a full body one with transparency. You can use any image (appropriate size and type) for any of the three images associated to a PC.

There are three ways I know of to create custom images;
    - Hero Forge let's you design a 3D mini, that you can then take screen shots of and use for each image
    - Character Artist 3 character portaits add-on for CC3. (profantasy.com)
    - Pay an artist a commission

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes. Just like portraits and tokens, the 'camera' is just an image, but it's intended to be a full body one with transparency. You can use any image (appropriate size and type) for any of the three images associated to a PC.

There are three ways I know of to create custom images;
    - Hero Forge let's you design a 3D mini, that you can then take screen shots of and use for each image
    - Character Artist 3 character portaits add-on for CC3. (profantasy.com)
    - Pay an artist a commission
    Thanks for the info, guys! I checked out Hereforge...incredible! One question about maps in the new 3D mode...does it turn your 2D maps into 3D? Maybe not true 3D but it looks like it lays out the terrain on a flat plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Thanks for the info, guys! I checked out Hereforge...incredible! One question about maps in the new 3D mode...does it turn your 2D maps into 3D? Maybe not true 3D but it looks like it lays out the terrain on a flat plane.
    Maps are still basically 2d but lighting and line of sight is retained.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information