5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Effects the Complete Ranger Package

Another of the short tutorials on setting up effects this time for the Ranger Class. The file attached to this post contains a level 20 Ranger with all of the effects in the actions tab. In order to get the best out of the character you should have access to the Player's Handbook or Core Class Pack to view the links. The notes below are meant to compliment the character.

A word on Spells: At the time of writing virtually every spell can be dragged and dropped into the actions tab and will create a suitable effect (if one is needed). The only things you will want to check are that the correct ability score is entered into the spell Power Group so that Saving Throw DCs and attack rolls are correctly computed, and that the duration of spells has been correctly updated in the effect.

Favoured Enemy - Neither of these effects are really necessary since the situations can both be handled manually just as easily. Use just before the roll is made.
    Feral Senses – This effect tests for the invisible condition on the target and gives advantage to the attack which will negate the normal disadvantage. However there are a number of other reasons why the Ranger might not see an enemy such as in magical darkness so those situations will need to be done manually since such ‘conditions’ can’t be tested for.
    Foe Slayer – the two effects here are only useful if the Ranger decides to use either of them before the attack or damage rolls are made. The Damage one illustrates how you could create an effect to test for the favoured enemy type before dealing the damage, but this isn’t really necessary.
    Hide in Plain Sight – another one which is just as easily handled manually; to use apply just before roll is made.
    Land’s Stride – yet another effect which isn’t really necessary; again apply just before the save is made.

Hunter
    Hunter’s Prey (Colossus Slayer) – This effect can be applied at start of the turn; it will only fire if the Hunter rolls for damage and only once per turn.
    Defensive Tactics – To use the effect shown on the sheet, SHIFT-drag to the enemy so that the Ranger gets the AC bonus only against that enemy. An effect can’t be created for either of the other two options so deal with manually.
    Superior Hunter’s Defense – Only the Evasion one needs an effect; the uncanny dodge one can be dealt with using the inbuilt modifier in the modifiers dialog.

Beast Master
    None of the abilities here require an effect.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    This is more a comment on the new Ranger, but one way of doing continuing effects like damage against a favoured enemy is to create a copy of the standard weapons with the bonus built in and named to remind you. You can add an effect or adjust manually before die rolls, but my players tend not to have too many weapons so making an extra 2-3 with all the favoured enemy effects built in causes less errors.

I just bought a license so I don't know what pitfalls I may encounter, but here is my attempt at the Unearthed Arcana Favored Enemy bonus damage:

Bonus Dmg - Humanoids;IFT: TYPE(humanoid); DMG:2 ranged, melee;
    Targeting = Self; Expend = Never

I gave the test ranger Acid Splash to make sure his spell didn't add the damage as well, and it worked properly. My kids forget to adjust things a lot when we play around the table. I'm hoping this app will help us with the book keeping...

Here is the Advantage for Initiatives given by Natural Explorer:

Natural Explorer; ADVINIT
    Targeting = Self; Expend = Never

Both of these just need to be run once after adding the character to the CT. If you see any errors, please let me know!

Very helpful.Is there any package for the Fighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Manolo Warrior View Post
    Very helpful.Is there any package for the Fighter?
    Yes, stickied in the same place you found this one
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Brilliant work. Is it possible to automate the "Escape the Horde" effect?

No, there is not I'm afraid. You'll need to do that one manually.

Thread Information