STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    First time player of FG, and first time poster as well!

Zacc, these effects tables are great not only for getting my players set up, but also for helping me slowly learn the intricacies of the Effects program of FG. Appreciate all you're doing!

I had a quick question about the spell slot counter next to Lay on Hands. Even after scouring the wiki, I can't for the life of me figure out how to add those number of uses tickers to a single spell. I can only add them to all of the powers in the list; similar to what's in the Battle Master section of your Fighter effects package. I've dragged your Lay on Hands spell from the package to my group's paladin character since you already had it set up so the number of uses transferred over, but I'm hoping this is a "teach a man to fish" situation. Any chance you could walk a newbie through that process or point me in the direction of what spells it out?

Thanks again!

Hi DevilsCut welcome to FG.

Down at the bottom left of the actions tab you will see two boxes. Click on the left hand 'Mode' one until it reads 'Preparation'. This will bring up a box against each action along with another cycler for Day/Rest/Once. Enter the number in the blank box and then set the cycler to Rest (for when the number comes back on a short rest) or Day (for when the number comes back on a long rest). More information here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...de_and_Display
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks, Zacc! Took me a couple tries, but I got it. I had to put the overall Power grouping number of Uses as blank, then it allowed me to enter what I needed.

If I'd put any number in the uses column, regardless of Rest, Once, or Daily, it would remove those three selections from the individual spell listings.

Again, thanks for your help! First time working with this system, so I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions down the line in a lot of other areas.

Channel Divinity (Conquest)

Conquering Presence - Not sure on the syntax but to set it up I "Added Action - Cast" and set the Save to Type = Wis, DC = Group DC + which is set to CHA.
    I then "Added Action - Effect" and typed in "Frightened". Set the Duration to 1 Min. And left Targeting to Targets and Expend to Never

Guided Strike - ATK: 10; [ROLL]; [SELF]

I know Guided Strike isn't right and probably can't be coded because we are allowed to add the 10 after the attack roll but before the DM announces a hit or miss.
    How about Conquering Presence? Is the syntax correct? Is there a way to force the save to be rerolled at the end of each of the creature's turns or should that just be left up to the DM?

Yes, the frightened bit is correct.

And you are right there isn’t a way to have a saving throw made automatically. FG treats saves as a sort of attack roll. It is forced on the target by the actor that needs the save to determine what happens next. So when the target’s action comes around and they need to make the save again the player can force it as normal by targeting and forcing the save on the target. That way the correct DC is used so that success or failure can be determined.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into the Complete Packages. The links seem to be dead now. Is there a place where I can find the packages? Even willing to pay for them since you've done so much work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDndTomball View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work you've put into the Complete Packages. The links seem to be dead now. Is there a place where I can find the packages? Even willing to pay for them since you've done so much work.
    The link on the first post works for me. What issue are you having?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the quick reply. Every link that shows, " Attached Files" with the paper clip are all greyed out and not live. So, can't click and download them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Good luck.

To be perfectly honest, for your first few runs, don't try to automate everything with effects - you have way too much to get used to without applying (and removing) lots of effects, etc.. Get used to the FG interface first - share maps and story entries, get used to the basics of the combat tracker (Initiative, targeting and hit points), get used to the PC sheet and, for the GM, the NPC sheet, etc., etc..

For your first session I'd recommend you consider making rolls like you would do in a face-to-face game - either manually set the modifier/ADV/DISADV in the modifier stack/with the buttons below the chat window before rolling, or just roll and work out the totals yourself (just like you would do face-to-face). You can still trigger the roll from the PC or NPC sheet, which will have the base bonus and saves a lot of time to start with.

Then, as you get more familiar with FG, you can start to look at things like effects and more advanced combat tracker features. It was probably my fifth session that I even considered using effects.
    Thanks for that advice. I will be running Fantasy Grounds for the first time and will be following it. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I've never seen that. Not sure what to say. If you couldn't see the links then I would suggest to make sure you are using the FGResponsive theme (bottom left pulldown) and that you are viewing the full site and not the mobile/archive.

But maybe you have an security feature on your browser that is preventing downloads? Not really sure what else it could be.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information