5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Nope. I haven't changed anything. It's still the same.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Is there a way to drop a die roll into the modifiers box and make it a negative number?

You can negative a number by dragging and holding down a key but I can't remember offhand which one. Probably alt or shift or ctrl
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Control. I tried typing the negative first but that didn't work. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by leus View Post
    I will try for Jack of all trades the effect : CHECK:[HPRF];SKILL: [-HPRF], athletics,deception,insight,performance,persuasion ,sleight of hand,stealth;INIT:[HPRF]
    with the list of mastered skills in the part skill.
    so it's equivalent to a bonus for everything, and a equal malus for what we know
    I tried your method and it seems to work. However the CHECK:[HPRF] seems to be working for the initiative to. Therefore the INIT:[HPRF] is not necessary.

The only problem with the effect seems to be that when the proficiency bonus changes on level 9 and 17 you need to delete the effect and reapply it. For me this seems to be the better solution than using the effect whenever I'm doing an ability check.

Quote Originally Posted by lasmela View Post
    I tried your method and it seems to work. However the CHECK:[HPRF] seems to be working for the initiative to. Therefore the INIT:[HPRF] is not necessary.

The only problem with the effect seems to be that when the proficiency bonus changes on level 9 and 17 you need to delete the effect and reapply it. For me this seems to be the better solution than using the effect whenever I'm doing an ability check.
    Yes, since that post CHECK: now also applies to initiative rolls which it previously didn't.

Oh sweet, didn't know that this changed, thanks for the information.

Hello

I tried to mimick the proposal above; with a similar line of effect :
    Jack of all Trades; CHECK:[HPRF]; SKILL: [-HPRF], Acrobatics,Athletics,Deception,Performance,Persuas ion; INIT:[HPRF]

I tried capital or not, but it's not working and I still have half prof added to all skill checks
    If theres anyone that can help, it would be very welcome

One additionnal question, if the line is properly made, can we remove the expend on next roll added by the level 20 xml template and make it never expend ? so that the bard remains with his skill all time and it will be ok right ?

thanks !

Bit late here, but for Jack of All Trades I just added skills for the checks and gave them half proficiency. Then you can cover the other skills by also giving them half proficiency as was suggested near the start of the thread.
    For example: "(Jack of All Trades) Strength", Stat: Str, half prof. bonus

I know this is thread necromancy, but I programmed it as "CHECK:[HPRF]; SKILL: [-HPRF], acrobatics, animal handling, arcana, athletics, deception, history, insight, intimidation, investigation, medicine, nature, perception, performance, persuasion, religion, sleight of hand, stealth, survival;", and it worked fine. I took the "Init" part out of it, because the half proficiency was already added using the code "CHECK:[HPRF]"
    Last edited by flukasieviez; April 29th, 2020 at 16:02.

Thread Information