5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Sargond
    okay i am trying to do the things you all are talking about ....with the /die and /die ? commands and nothing is rolling or doing anything but typing it in the chat line at the bottom of the chat window.

Am I missing something or just to much of a newb to figure it out ops:
    Hi Sargond,

They are talking about typing in "/die ?d8+3 sword damage" in the chat window and then hitting enter. This generates a random number but it is not shown to the players. You can then grab the number in the chat window, drag it off to the side and drop it and then it will show up on the players die with 'sword damage' text.

I found you can also type in the text and then roll a die and hit enter. So you can type in "fireball" and then roll 6d6. The chat line shows 'fireball' and a little die. When you hit enter you get "fireball ? 6 2 4 3 1 4" in the chat window. Then you could drag and drop that back into the chat window for the players to see.

thanks rv i'll try that and see what happens
    And to you I wish...good food, fun, and times

[I found you can also type in the text and then roll a die and hit enter. So you can type in "fireball" and then roll 6d6. The chat line shows 'fireball' and a little die. When you hit enter you get "fireball ? 6 2 4 3 1 4" in the chat window. Then you could drag and drop that back into the chat window for the players to see.[/quote]

That is a GREAT tip...I wish though you could type after the die roll so it would appear like Fireball does (die roll total) to So-and-so PC.

[quote="NeoDante That is a GREAT tip...I wish though you could type after the die roll so it would appear like Fireball does (die roll total) to So-and-so PC.[/quote]

Well, its a poor subsitute but you can break it up onto two lines. After you drag and drop the damage into the chat window you get:

DM: The fireball does 29

you could quckly type "points of damage to the characters standing on the stairs" so you end up with

DM: The fireball does 29
    DM: points of damage to the characters on the stairs.

rv

Thread Information