STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

5E Battle Royale Extension

This extension allows your players to have similar controls for the Player than the DMs have within the combat tracker.

1) Player can control combat tracker for NPCs
    2) Player can see the same details as the DM in the Combat Tracker
    3) Player can see friends, foes and neutral NPCs in the Combat Tracker
    4) Players can remove and add effects from the CT

I apologize for it being a bit hacky in how I put it together. I need to go back and clean up a few things if I get time so that it more intelligently overrides default behavior. For now, I've mass duplicated and replaced functionality from CoreRPG and the 5E ruleset. That means that after each update, I'll have to go back in and make updates to make it compatible again.

Usage and known issues:
    The Player should still select a player character. This makes it easy to share an Encounter.
    The DM still has to place the NPC from the encounters onto the map (I think)
    The DM still has to click the next turn indicator
    CTRL+Click targeting may not be working for player controlled NPCs currently unless they are marked as Friend.

If you are developer and you want to open it up and modify it, you can unzip the .ext file and edit away. If you make improvements, feel free to post them back here - although I would encourage you to comment the code in case I get time to clean up my version of the extension in the future.

You can see it in action here:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/260190622
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Nice, thanks for sharing. I was wondering about that on the stream today

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Oooooo this is gonna be a good thing.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    I was a little hesitant to share it at this stage -- especially after I patched it up rather hastily after 3.3.5 dropped. Hopefully people get some good use out of it and I'll have time to keep it updated fully.

Is there a current version of this? I downloaded it and can't seem to get it to work.

Battle Royale extension? It's not even April 1st.

Blog Entries
    It was last updated for 3.3.5. Given the significant changes with 3.3.6 I'm not surprised the extension no longer works. It has not been updated. Not sure if Doug has plans or not. I suspect he will chime in here when he has time.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It was more a reference to the name, after the success of PUBG and Fortnite, everyone wants in on the Battle Royale pie. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Atua View Post
    It was more a reference to the name, after the success of PUBG and Fortnite, everyone wants in on the Battle Royale pie. ;-)
    Just curious, what is the relevance of PUBG and Fortnite to April 1?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it still needs to be updated. I'll need to see if I can grab some time to update it again in the near future.

Thread Information