DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 13 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Hi Lady Archer welcome to FG.

If the extension does not appear on the list then one or more of the previous steps have not been followed. Make sure you zip the files back up exactly as described and that you are not using a compressed file type that FG doesn’t recognise.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi Zacchaeus!

Thank you for responding! I was able to follow the steps as described. However it appears my computer is still reading the file as a .zip even though it is named as .ext. See image below. Can you help me understand what I am doing wrong?

Screenshot.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Archer View Post
    Hi Zacchaeus!

Thank you for responding! I was able to follow the steps as described. However it appears my computer is still reading the file as a .zip even though it is named as .ext. See image below. Can you help me understand what I am doing wrong?

Screenshot.png
    Turn on the display of filename extensions. Usually under View > Options.

Most likely your file is named "extension.ext.zip" and you need to remove the .zip from the name.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Archer View Post
    Hi Zacchaeus!

Screenshot.png
    Yes, as LE says it looks like the file has a double file extension name. Open any folder and at the top click on View and then 'show file extensions'. Go back and rezip up your file and then remove the .zip and make it .ext.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You were right Zacchaeus and Lord Entrails! The file was named .ext.zip. I greatly appreciate your help!

How did i not see this before today?

You gotta be kidding me.lol
    This will be fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Use 7zip. Free and better than WinRAR. Then when you zip it up renaming the file type from .zip to .ext will work fine.
    This step, oddly, is not working for me. I have changed an extension to put in a new background image (called desktop.png instead of the one that came with it), and now the theme will not even show up in FGU. It's like it doesn't exist. Maybe it's not really changing the extension in some way? I tried unzipping and then rezipping/renaming in both Mac and PC...neither seems to work.

If you use 7zip you need to make sure that you don't use the default zip which creates a .7z filetype. Use the normal .zip when zipping with 7zip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So, for example, I went to change the new Dark Theme, which is "Theme_SWU_dark.ext." So I unzipped it, replaced "desktop.png" in the graphics/frames folder, zipped it back, and then renamed Theme_SWU_dark.zip to Theme_SWU_dark.ext. But now it doesn't even show up in the list of potential themes in my campaign list. Any ideas?

Thread Information