5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Ok, thanks a lot Zacchaeus.

Now to the question that makes me feel like an idiot. How do I actually change the icon?

I cant understand the instructions here for some reason.

Could you or anyone else give me a even more step by step guide?

I installed the extension, and now I have the new GM Icon that comes with it. I may be wrong because I can't find where it is, but reading this topic I would guess all I need to do is change the png file for that image, right? But I have no clue where to find it.

Sorry for the apparently dumb question, but I am trying to solve this for a week. Shame on me!

1. Download the file
    2. Rename it from GMIcon.ext to GMIcon.zip
    3. Right click on the file and select unzip
    4. Open the unzipped file then open the Graphics folder and then the portraits folder
    5. Replace the gm-icon.png file to the one you want (you must keep the name gm-icon and should keep your image to a similar size and it must be a .png file)
    6. Go back up to the first level of the extension (So you see one file extension.xml and the Graphics folder). Select both and then right click and select Send to.. and select compressed
    7. After it is zipped back up rename it changing the .zip to .ext.
    8. Place that file in your Fantasy Grounds data/extensions folder (Default is C:/users/username/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/extensions
    9. Open FG and click on Load or Create New and in the list at the bottom window select 'Replace GM Token' and then start the campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well, I followed the steps, but I can't change back from .zip to .ext

I am using winrar, should I change it? When I rename the extension it continues to be a winrar .zip file named .ext.

I don't know why this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Trizzt View Post

I am using winrar, should I change it? When I rename the extension it continues to be a winrar .zip file named .ext.

Don't use winrar. FG only recognises .zip files and only Windows zip files. Also make sure that you have the windows option to show file extensions. If you have that set to hidden then you'll have a file name blah.ext.zip or something similar.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is there any way to do that if I am using a theme which already has its own icon, I can load this extension and choose the icon that I want?

Quote Originally Posted by Trizzt View Post

Use 7zip. Free and better than WinRAR. Then when you zip it up renaming the file type from .zip to .ext will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaiszer View Post
    Is there any way to do that if I am using a theme which already has its own icon, I can load this extension and choose the icon that I want?
    Yes, since all themes will have an icon for the DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, since all themes will have an icon for the DM.
    Could you please help me with that? I can't figure out how to change it yet

The last step does not work for me. Replace GM Token is not an option. Please help!

1. Download the file
    2. Rename it from GMIcon.ext to GMIcon.zip
    3. Right click on the file and select unzip
    4. Open the unzipped file then open the Graphics folder and then the portraits folder
    5. Replace the gm-icon.png file to the one you want (you must keep the name gm-icon and should keep your image to a similar size and it must be a .png file)
    6. Go back up to the first level of the extension (So you see one file extension.xml and the Graphics folder). Select both and then right click and select Send to.. and select compressed
    7. After it is zipped back up rename it changing the .zip to .ext.
    8. Place that file in your Fantasy Grounds data/extensions folder (Default is C:/users/username/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/extensions
    9. Open FG and click on Load or Create New and in the list at the bottom window select 'Replace GM Token' and then start the campaign.
    Last edited by Lady Archer; September 15th, 2020 at 02:17.

Thread Information