DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 13 First 12345 ... Last

You don't have to use an extension but that means your version of the 5E ruleset will stop getting updates or the next update will wipe out the change. That's the benefit of using an extension.

Grab the extension. Change the EXT to ZIP and open it up (or 7Zip can just open it as EXT). Navigate to the folder that has "gm-icon.png" in it and replace that file with your portrait. If you want it to be the same size as player portraits, make it 40x40 (thank Trenloe).

Load the extension when you open the campaign and you're all set

Attachment 12225 there's the 80x80 version of my cartoon DM avatar
    Last edited by Xorn; December 15th, 2015 at 19:58.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Thanks guys as long as were on the subject my players want to use custom portraits for their PC's instead of the ones I have chosen for them. For some reason they don't have all the D&D race options I have. Is there a tutorial on using custom portraits anywhere?

PC Portraits are one of the few things the comes from the player's computer. They can add any image they want to their local computer and use it though the base portrait sizes are 63x63 and anything used will be scaled to that. To locate the portrait folder have then start FG and on the launcher click the folder icon above the version number. They should see a portraits folder. Just have them drop whatever image they want into this folder and then select the image inside of FG as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    PC Portraits are one of the few things the comes from the player's computer. They can add any image they want to their local computer and use it though the base portrait sizes are 63x63 and anything used will be scaled to that. To locate the portrait folder have then start FG and on the launcher click the folder icon above the version number. They should see a portraits folder. Just have them drop whatever image they want into this folder and then select the image inside of FG as normal.
    Interesting. So, portraits are 63x63 as a base. In the chat window they get scaled down to 40x40 but at the top where the player's portraits are displayed it gets scaled up to 72x72 (at least that's what I am showing.) Is this correct? Why not just have 72x72 as the base and always scale down?

As far as I was aware portrait token size has been 100 since release 3.1.4 unless I am mistaking what portrait token size means. Which I probably am
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As far as I was aware portrait token size has been 100 since release 3.1.4 unless I am mistaking what portrait token size means. Which I probably am
    I'm just looking at the standard PNG files that appear in my \portraits folder. They all seem to be 63x63 pixels in size. I can't say what they are within packages.

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    I'm just looking at the standard PNG files that appear in my \portraits folder. They all seem to be 63x63 pixels in size. I can't say what they are within packages.
    I was assuming (dangerous I know) that the size was their on screen dimensions - not the size in the portraits or any other folder. But as I say graphics are a bit of a mystery to me so I'm not at all sure.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I was assuming (dangerous I know) that the size was their on screen dimensions - not the size in the portraits or any other folder. But as I say graphics are a bit of a mystery to me so I'm not at all sure.
    LOL. Even the on screen dimensions can be misleading if your scaleui setting is altered.

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    LOL. Even the on screen dimensions can be misleading if your scaleui setting is altered.
    Maybe then what it means is that irrespective of the size of the .png file the portrait (and the icon in chat) will automatically scale to 100x100 (or 40x40 for chat). It seems that whatever size you use FG will scale it so that it fits whatever scale it has been set to scale to.

Thread Information