DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

SW Roll Statistics extension

Have you ever wondered what has been your highest trait/damage roll in the Savage Worlds campaign? What is the average damage you're dealing? What are the most used skills? Rolls Statistics extension will answer to these questions.

This simple extension will collect information about trait and damage rolls made in the campaign. At the moment visual output is not outstanding (see the attached images) but information gathering is very important at this point. Whenever this extension is enabled in your campaign roll results will be recorded into your campaign database and in the future new versions of this extension will provide more useful statistic "analyzing" and "displaying" features which will be using the statistics you have recorded thus far. Enjoy.

At the moment you can see roll statistics as host or player by using following slashcommands:
    • /stats char character based roll statistics from current session
    • /stats char all character based roll statistics from whole campaign
    • /stats trait trait based roll statistics from current session
    • /stats trait all trait based roll statistics from whole campaign
    • /stats dmg character based dealt and sustained damage statistics from current session
    • /stats dmg all character based dealt and sustained damage statistics from whole campaign
    • /stats cert to display your best roll as certificate

Any feedback is always welcome and I would love to hear what feature you would like to see regarding roll statistics.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ikael; January 22nd, 2021 at 20:03.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

This is cool. Now I can prove that the dice hate me.
    I will use this for my deadlands game and send you the database file
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Statistics! I love them! I'm about to start a new campaign next week and will happily provide my campaign.db when it ends in two or three months.

Edit: Suggestion already: Can you make the stat tracking pausable? I mean, sometimes as a DM I just like to mess with the dice and try new stuff or when I teach new players I often roll mock dice and that will affect the statistics. Turning tracking off and on during play could prove useful.

Thanks again for implementing the best ideas I never knew I needed :P

Another edit:
    Bug report: When I roll a NPC attack directly from the CT it works fine. But when I have that NPC sheet window open and roll from there (I don't do that quite often), I'm getting Script Error:
    '[string "statistics_rolls.lua"]:202: attempt to index local 'nodeChar' (a nil value)'

Also, what's with the Average Damage Dealt. It doesn't seem to change to anything but '1'.
    Last edited by Dr0W; December 11th, 2015 at 10:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Statistics! I love them! I'm about to start a new campaign next week and will happily provide my campaign.db when it ends in two or three months.

Edit: Suggestion already: Can you make the stat tracking pausable? I mean, sometimes as a DM I just like to mess with the dice and try new stuff or when I teach new players I often roll mock dice and that will affect the statistics. Turning tracking off and on during play could prove useful.

Thanks again for implementing the best ideas I never knew I needed :P

Another edit:
    Bug report: When I roll a NPC attack directly from the CT it works fine. But when I have that NPC sheet window open and roll from there (I don't do that quite often), I'm getting Script Error:
    '[string "statistics_rolls.lua"]:202: attempt to index local 'nodeChar' (a nil value)'

Also, what's with the Average Damage Dealt. It doesn't seem to change to anything but '1'.
    Yeah, my math was kinda off with the average function. Don't expect magic to happen when you divide a number with the same number -- I am not able to reproduce the script error. Can you give more details how you got the error?
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Yeah, my math was kinda off with the average function. Don't expect magic to happen when you divide a number with the same number -- I am not able to reproduce the script error. Can you give more details how you got the error?
    Of course I can. Here: https://youtu.be/uI94ulDk4i0

Also:
    Savage Worlds Deluxe version 4.2.2 (Build 1)
    SW NPC Maker version 0.9 (Build 4)
    SW Roll Statistics by Ikael (Aki Heikkinen) version 0.1 (Build 1)
    Hellfrost Extension version 1.3 (Build 2)
    Adventure Deck version 1.5.0 (Build 1)
    Last edited by Dr0W; December 16th, 2015 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Of course I can. Here: https://youtu.be/uI94ulDk4i0

Also:
    Savage Worlds Deluxe version 4.2.2 (Build 1)
    SW NPC Maker version 0.9 (Build 4)
    SW Roll Statistics by Ikael (Aki Heikkinen) version 0.1 (Build 1)
    Hellfrost Extension version 1.3 (Build 2)
    Adventure Deck version 1.5.0 (Build 1)
    Thank you for the info! It turns out the issue is in Savage Worlds ruleset. I have commited fix to SW ruleset maintainer/developer.

New version has been uploaded. It fixes mentioned issues and provides new slashcommand: /stat cert
    The new slashcommand will display your highest trait roll as certificate, see the attached image in the first post

I am getting back to this fun project but the question is: has anyone used this?

I last looked at this when I was just getting used to the ruleset, so it kind of got pushed down the queue. Now that I know what I am doing more I will add this to my current campaigns I think my players will love it.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Blog Entries
    I used it a couple times. While it's fun, it doesn't make gaming any easier for me or the players so I stopped using it.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Thread Information