FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 31 of 39 First ... 212930313233 ... Last
    Oh..
    thanks for the answer.
    Maybe we can hope for Fantasy Grounds Unity ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargas View Post
    Oh..
    thanks for the answer.
    Maybe we can hope for Fantasy Grounds Unity ?
    Its the way that much of the automation parses or is calculated. It looks for specific phrases and then builds actions and effects around those phrases. All of those words that it looks for are in English.

You can translate the feats etc to another language, but if you don't include the English phrases, then FG won't know that the translation for Dwarven Resilience (etc) is supposed to do anything. So its probably not something FGU can handle without re-architecting the rulesets themselves.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

With the 5e translated content coming to official D&D (soon at the stores in PT Brazilian). how much "legal" would be to translate content?
    Isn't there any risk on wizards of the coast complaining about the translations, or it's considered as "you bought it, then it's ok".

The good thing is. As the translated content is being released officially soon: it won't be necessary too much effort. it's just transcribing from the original book into FG Lpak.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Its the way that much of the automation parses or is calculated. It looks for specific phrases and then builds actions and effects around those phrases. All of those words that it looks for are in English.

You can translate the feats etc to another language, but if you don't include the English phrases, then FG won't know that the translation for Dwarven Resilience (etc) is supposed to do anything. So its probably not something FGU can handle without re-architecting the rulesets themselves.
    In the feature wish list of FG there are now some requests regarding extended or improved localization support:

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=113353
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40992
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=84833
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=62364
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=93491

Maybe it makes sense to create another request within the LPak project in which we summarize all requirements that we think would be necessary to be able to realize a complete localization within the framework of the project for all rules officially supported by FG ?

Hi! I've been working on the LPak for Pathfinder 2e ruleset for the Portuguese language.
    Most of it has been translated before the PDF was released, so some terms aren't fully up to date.

The ruleset is in a really raw state and will continue do develop fully in the upcoming months, that's why I refrain from translating some code and will wait to see how the it will evolve until I make more changes, but this translation will be updated regularly with each new update.

There are flaws, usually when it comes to things coded directly into the ruleset not making use of tems translated in the String files. While I could probably "fix" those, I won't do that (yet) for the reason stated above. Also, I am sure that the ruleset developer right now is far more concerned about making the ruleset fully operational so I won't bother him about it.

Known problems:
    - Lore Skills won't add to your sheet, because the ruleset looks for "Lore" instead of the Strings.xml entry. Just add them manually.
    - Perception won't be added, but it won't trigger an error on the chargen, add it manually.
    - Normal skills won't work because they have been translated, but if you create an ancestry/background/class with the translated skill name it portuguese, it will. So it's not really a problem. Either way, stay alert when creating character for errors and fix them manually.

I have also included the CoreRPG extension available in this very same thread not translated by me, for your convenience. The only difference in this one is that it adds an entry for the PF2E to be accepted as a ruleset.
    Attached Files Attached Files

5E PTBR Lpak

Definitive version (?) of my 5E PTBR Lpak with updated terms following Galápagos's official translation.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "You sit here, in these vast halls, with a crown upon your head... And yet you are lesser now than you have ever been." - Dwalin Fundinson

Ultimate License holder, translation enthusiast and programmer in the making!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterJena View Post
    Definitive version (?) of my 5E PTBR Lpak with updated terms following Galápagos's official translation.
    Excellent! Thank you.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hi, I made the .ext file for CORERPG and 3.5 Spanish for 3.3.8, they include sidebar graphics.
    Ejoy

CoreRPG
    3.5E

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Perez View Post
    Hi, I made the .ext file for CORERPG and 3.5 Spanish for 3.3.8, they include sidebar graphics.
    Ejoy

CoreRPG
    3.5E
    Excellent - nice work Marco.

And Welcome! to the Community and the Project.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hi Guys.
    I have just downloaded and extracted the latest LPak-German-5E.ext, but unfortunately when I create a new 5e campaign (or load an existing one) I only get a red X in front of the .ext.
    Can someone help me?

Thread Information