STAR TREK 2d20
Page 30 of 39 First ... 202829303132 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JusefPol View Post
    HI Everyone!!

I bought this app yesterday and I must confess I think it is amazing! I want to collaborate as much as I can to this project. Since I am Spanish (living abroad so my English should be good enough for translations) most of my manuals are in Spanish, which pose a problem when using specific modules or adventures. I don't mind expending some of my time translating as much as I can to make the app fully compatible with Spanish modules. I have some doubts first though, I hope you can show some light:
    Read my previous post, I've already translated to Spanish, but since I've changed a lot of things from the original Lpak files, I've decided not to post here.

My spanish translation currently contains:

1. Translation of CoreRPG.
    2. Translation of SW.
    3. Translation of Background & Advances Tab.
    4. Translation of SW4_Theme_RedWhite_v2.

All packaged in a single extension with lots of new spanish icons.

You can help me polishing the extension, or use at it is.

I am trying to fix a bug that I think it is beyond my knowledge of lua and I have to ask for help to the portuguese collegue that made the translation to Portuguese.

This is currently the look of the extension:

Drop me a pm with your email and I will send you the extension to test.

José

Other screenshots:

Finally, all new icons:

Last edited by lozanoje; February 16th, 2019 at 09:59.

Sorry, but I´m not getting it.

I´d like to get the 5E updated in German.
    I could to everything related to translation and images - could someone hook me up how to do this? Begin from scratch? Use the existing one from the current German contributer and update it somehow?

Help appreciated, if I´m getting this right, even the LPak isn´t updated for 3.3.7/3.3.8 so I wouldn´t even be able to work on it?
    A step-by-step for getting me into updating or creating this from scratch for the current FG version would be awesome, can´t wait to start but just don´t know how xD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindstalker View Post

I could to everything related to translation and images - could someone hook me up how to do this? Begin from scratch? Use the existing one from the current German contributer and update it somehow?

Help appreciated, if I´m getting this right, even the LPak isn´t updated for 3.3.7/3.3.8 so I wouldn´t even be able to work on it?
    A step-by-step for getting me into updating or creating this from scratch for the current FG version would be awesome, can´t wait to start but just don´t know how xD
    There will only be minor or no missing entries using a slightly older LPAK conversion.
    It will not be perfect but it will be a good start so you can see what is still remaining in English.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    but it will be a good start
    Thats my point - my question basically was, with which file I should start my editing.
    The ext file from the current german contributor for 3.3.2 or sth like that? I guess there would be stuff missing.
    Or do I have to use his ext file and the läßt available lpak file for 5e and go through the "Update lpak" section of the documentation?

Im just not getting the process itself.

Thats my point - my question basically was, with which file I should start my editing.
    The ext file from the current german contributor for 3.3.2 or sth like that? I guess there would be stuff missing.
    Or do I have to use his ext file and the läßt available lpak file for 5e and go through the "Update lpak" section of the documentation?

Im just not getting the process itself.
    Start with the latest (German) LPak for the 5E Ruleset - and update it as best you can.

If there are still (non-German) translations, look at the latest LPak for the CoreRPG and run the update process for it.

However, because I haven't had time (due to medical issues) to prepare the source files for the latest version of FG, there may be language resources that exist in the latest version of the CoreRPG / 5E Rulesets which do not yet exist in the LPak-source files - when I get some time I'll update the source files to the latest versions and we can then see if there are still any "missing" translations - which we can then fix up.

How does all that sound?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hello Mindstalker,

as far as I know is the latest LPak-German version regarding the 5E rulesets from me and of course you can use and update this version if you want.
    Basically you "only" have to find the entries in the resource files from the "strings" folder in the 5E ruleset (5e.pak file in the "rulesets" folder of FG, is actually a .zip file) which were not translated in the corresponding files for the LPak extension (The LPak-German-5e.ext is also actually a .zip file) and add them there.
    In addition, the LPak-German-CoreRPG extension would have to be updated as well, because a newer set of rules version is now productive here as well.

The basic procedure is also described in detail and very well in the "LPak Framwork Documentation", post 2 in this forum.

Hello All
    Awesome Work !
    is it possible to get the Talents / Feats / Spells descriptions in german too (for Pathfinder)?

what can I do to implement this ?

Greetings
    Sargas

Quote Originally Posted by Sargas View Post
    Hello All
    Awesome Work !
    is it possible to get the Talents / Feats / Spells descriptions in german too (for Pathfinder)?

what can I do to implement this ?

Greetings
    Sargas
    Hi Sargas,

That's a lot, lot more difficult because the FG-engine actually parses the English text of these things to make the various effects, etc work - if we change the text to German (or any language other than English) FG will "break".
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information