5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Release v3.1.5

Hi, Tivaan01; I suggest that you report your problem in this thread
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Tivaan01 View Post
    Having an issue with the auto update to v3.1.5
    I get this error:
    Fantasy Grounds Updater
    HandleFile
    Unable to save file (FantasyGrounds.exe)
    Hi Tivaan,

I had this a couple of times running Win7 32Bit and the WebInstall Version (non steam) as well.
    Sometimes it helped to 'reboot', especially if I updated the 'updater' and the updater wanted to updated a couple of files.

Sometimes I had to reinstall the FGWebInstall.exe SW and download all SW updates again, which fixed the issue always.

I got it, I deleted the old exe file in the folder and it downloaded and installed correctly

I'm having problems with the latest update. Every time I have tried to run the update this week, I get the "ERROR - Get Products: Network: connecting to host Retrying in 10 seconds" message. Normally the update runs fine. Is there anything I should be doing differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddin View Post
    I'm having problems with the latest update. Every time I have tried to run the update this week, I get the "ERROR - Get Products: Network: connecting to host Retrying in 10 seconds" message. Normally the update runs fine. Is there anything I should be doing differently?
    Check that your security/anti-virus application isn't blocking the FG updater: UpdaterEngine.exe

This has happened to a number of users (including me) recently. If you're using Norton there's some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post243462 Even if you're not using Norton, check that this application is present (usually in the \Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds directory) and that it can be ran.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe. That was exactly the problem. Any reason why Norton has suddenly Blocked the updater engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddin View Post
    Thanks Trenloe. That was exactly the problem. Any reason why Norton has suddenly Blocked the updater engine?
    Because it's Norton?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It's a false positive for Norton apparently in some cases. It's probably made worse when the servers are busy and you might need to run the updater a few times to get through and FG being niche software - that seems to trip off the auto protect. As others have noted, Norton has been getting poor ratings the last few years. I still have it on a few computers but will probably let those subscriptions expire.

Not related to the release, but... Have you noticed how all your virus problems starts with installing a anti virus program?

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

I see that there is a client update that is now pending. What is the new version and what has changed?

Thread Information