Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hi, I don't know if it is on purpose, but it seems one can not set a town from the 'locations' extension to be the Headquarters of an organization. It only allows me to set the location (from the Locations main tab) as headquarters. I trust this is not a big thing, but it would be useful to have that option. Also, i presume that being able to do it would link the location, town, NPC and Org with each other automatically, which is the way these extensions were meant to work.

Otherwise, I wish to say you did a wonderful job with these, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Gruber View Post
    Hi, I don't know if it is on purpose, but it seems one can not set a town from the 'locations' extension to be the Headquarters of an organization. It only allows me to set the location (from the Locations main tab) as headquarters. I trust this is not a big thing, but it would be useful to have that option. Also, i presume that being able to do it would link the location, town, NPC and Org with each other automatically, which is the way these extensions were meant to work.

Otherwise, I wish to say you did a wonderful job with these, thank you
    No, that's by design - You can link a Building to an Organisation's HQ or a Location (the idea being that you use a Location for a Bandit Group's Cave or encampment). The design decision is/was that we would need a more precise "spot" than a City/Town/Village ie/eg the Inn of the village (in the basement?), the barracks of a Town (Militia Organisation), things like that.

Does that make sense?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thanks for the answer, I figured that's the intention. But, perhaps it would be nice to have the option of making it work woth Towns as well. (which could be renamed as 'settlements' in Locations ext). Until then, I'll just make a workaround and create a placeholder building to serve as HQ.

Minor Issue:

A character sheet can be dragged into the leader field of an organisation and will link properly, but the field will continue showing « Leader » instead of the name specified on the sheet. I'm guessing this probably wasn't intended to work, but it'd be great since I use character sheets for certain important NPC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Forecaster View Post
    Minor Issue:

A character sheet can be dragged into the leader field of an organisation and will link properly, but the field will continue showing « Leader » instead of the name specified on the sheet. I'm guessing this probably wasn't intended to work, but it'd be great since I use character sheets for certain important NPC's.
    Yeah, I never considered using a PC Sheet - its designed to work with an NPC Sheet, so its trying to pull information from a place in the database that doesn't exist.

Its a good idea, though, so I'll see about tweaking the code to make it work.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Hi Everyone,

With the release of FGv3.3.7 during the last 24-hours I have placed an updated version of the DOE:Organisations (v1.8.2) on the first post of this thread.

As I've previously mentioned, with the retirement of the DOE:REMU I'm moving (eventually) all of the DO REMs back from the GitHub Repository to their own relevant FG Forum Threads. For the record: if a DO REM is not avaliable from the first post of its relevant Thread then it will still be avaliable (for the time being) from the GitHub Repository - but check the relevant FG Forum Thread FIRST.

Also, please note that this is a minor "bug update" - the update which will allow the use of this Extension with PF2 is still being developed & tested.

Enjoy
    Last edited by dulux-oz; December 19th, 2018 at 03:17.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Hello All,

I plan on releaseing updates to all the DOE's and to the DORCore soon after FGv3.3.8 is released (this is a goal, not a promise). The new versions will be placed as a download on the first post of the relevant thread (as they were originally).

I have also removed all of the DOEs from GitHub - current versions of the DOEs can be found on the first post of the relevant Thread.

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; July 23rd, 2019 at 06:14.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Is it currently possible to hide certain organizations from my players? I'm running Dragon Heist and I created the Factions and there's a lot of information--not too much spoiler-y information, but some of the leaders identified could be. I know I can hide NPCs, outright, but I was wondering if it's at all possible to hide an entire Organization entry, altogether? Or if it'd be a heavy lift to do something like that?

The extensions you made, btw @dulux-ox, are incredible! Thanks for all that you've done!

Thread Information