DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 31 First ... 2028293031 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Is there gonna be Dulux-OZ extensions for PFRPG2?
    Yes, I believe right now Dulux is looking for help creating some icon graphics for the rulesets (like PF2) that need doing before he can release an update to support the additional rulesets.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi All,

I've just published new versions of all the DOEs. These versions work with FGv3.3.8 & FGv3.3.9 (when it gets released).

Note: For the moment, these versions of the DOEs DO NOT WORK WITH FGU-Beta (for those of you in the FGU-Beta-test Program). For the moment, please feel free to use the (now) old versions of the DOEs. I'll be releaseing FGU-Compatible/Supported/Tested version when FGU is released.

Each new DOE version has been placed on the first Post of each relevant DOE Thread, as per normal.

I'll be updating the each DOE Maunuals (and the FG Wiki), plus the individual Ruleset Extensions Threads, over the next little while.

These DOEs, apart from having general updates, have the following modifications to them:
    • Added ColourGroups to all DOE Lists - Allows the player to give one of 7 coloured backgrounds (8 if you include "none") to the individual Entries in Lists. Used to visually group Entries together. Look for the Rainbow on all DOE List.
    • Fixed the Comma in Prices Issue in Buildings (Shops)
    • Caused Items weighing less than 1 unit to be recorded as 0 weight to stop the FG Engine's recording them as a long decimal in Buildings (Shops).
    • Fixed the Coin Label case Issue in Buildings (Shops).
    • Added ChatBox Message on character buy & sell in Buildings (Shops).

Thanks to Tim Cox for help in getting the last 4 of these done.

These DOEs now support:
    • CoreRPG
    • 13th Age
    • D&D 2E
    • D&D 3.5E
    • D&D 4E
    • D&D 5E
    • Call Of Cthulhu 6E
    • Call Of Cthulhu 7E
    • Castles & Crusades - Needs a Graphic
    • Cypher Systems
    • Fate Core
    • Numenera
    • PFRPG
    • PFRPG2
    • SavageWorlds (SWADE) - Needs three Graphics
    • SFRPG - Needs Graphics
    • SWD
    • The Strange
    • The Dungeon, Simple Brown, Simple Grey, and Wood Themes across all supported Rulesets

These DOEs have had the following Rulesets depreciated and are no longer supported:
    • BoL
    • Dark Herasy
    • GURPS - may re-support in coming versions.
    • Maelstrom
    • MoreCore
    • WHFRP2

As per normal, if you find any bugs (these Extensions are provided "as is"), have any suggestions, etc, then please let me know by posting here for the relevant DOE and I'll get it fixed and released ASAP.

Enjoy
    Last edited by dulux-oz; November 10th, 2019 at 10:38.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I will echo. Thanks, Dulux. This is a fantastic early Christmas present.

Dulux, I am very curious to know why your extensions are no longer compatible with the GURPS ruleset and hope that it will work again on this set of rules from a system I love called GURPS.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Dulux, I am very curious to know why your extensions are no longer compatible with the GURPS ruleset and hope that it will work again on this set of rules from a system I love called GURPS.
    Easy!

As I said in Post #177:

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post

... DOE Depreciation Notice

With the release of the new DORCore Ruleset (currently v0.9.1), support for Community Rulesets within the DOEs is being depreciated. While the DOEs still work with those existing Community Rulesets as listed in the individual DOE Threads, the expectation is that this functionality will be removed for the next release of FG after v3.3.4 (ie in a few months time near the middle of 2018). This will allow the Developers of these Community Rulesets time to transition their Ruleset from being a child of the CoreRPG to being a child of the DORCore.

The DOEs will continue to work and will continue to be supported by me for all of the "standard" CoreRPG-child Rulesets available via the FG Updater utility. At this point in time (Feb-2018) this list of Rulesets consists of: CoreRPG, 3.5E, 4E, 5E, 13A (13th Age, ETA=Soon(TM)), CoC, CoC7, CnC, d20 Modern, Fate Core, Numenera, PFRPG and SW.

The reason this is being done is to consolidate the time and effort that is required to maintain compatibility - basically by doing things this way there will be more time for more features and functions to be included in the DORCore, DOEs and future DORs & DOEs.

Please see the DORCore Thread for further details.

(Although that *was* some time ago - Feb 2018.)

And then in Post #292:

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post

These DOEs have had the following Rulesets depreciated and are no longer supported:
    • BoL
    • Dark Herasy
    • GURPS - may re-support in coming versions.
    • Maelstrom
    • MoreCore
    • WHFRP2

So, people have had plenty of notice, and in fact I delayed the depreciations much longer than I wanted too and/or should have - partly because since I started Diaysis I didn't/don't have time to actually get everything organised. Hence the span of time since the last versions of the DOEs were puplished - and hence why the DORCore hasn't been updated in so long.

Community Ruleset Devs were encouraged at the time - and are still encouraged now - to base their Ruleset as a child-Ruleset of the DORCore, which now that I'm getting on top of the DOEs for FGU I'll be focussing *way* more time on. And, if Community Ruleset Devs want some help in basing their Ruleset on the DORCore, then I'm willing to help (help, not do for them).

So, TL; DR: My time is limited, there is a way for GURPs players to get the same functionality *IF* the GURPs Dev is willing to do a little bit of work, and I received very little to no support from the GURPs Dev to make it worth my (limited) time to continue to support the GURPs Ruleset with the DOEs.

If things change in the future then things may change in the future, but we'll just have to wait and see what the future brings.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thanks Dulux!

Just uploaded a Bug Fix to the DOE:Base on the first post (ie a new version).

While only a bug fix, it is recommend you update to the latest version.

The only other DOE being updated at this time is the DOE:Locations.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsLibMasterList.lua"]:244: attempt to index field 'vNode' (a userdata value)

Getting this error now after updating today. I updated both locations and base today. 3.3.9 FG.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsLibMasterList.lua"]:244: attempt to index field 'vNode' (a userdata value)

Getting this error now after updating today. I updated both locations and base today. 3.3.9 FG.
    Dammit, I thought I'd fixed that
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10