5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    The install would have been in my current admin user; there's only this user account on the machine, outside of the default system ones. I was also an admin before installing the demo, as well.

I guess it could be an update that modified permissions on the folder, but this machine probably wouldn't have processed any updates yesterday. There's also the annoying part that even today when it was also failing to save, my effective permissions on my user account still showed as full control for what I believe are the key files at least. :/

Just in case it's important later, I created my original character and campaign on the 29th, and then ran the live game on the 30th, and in that window of time whatever the permission change was happened, saving was working fine until I closed the program the first time after creating the campaign and character, and the log file confirmed multiple save events for the 29th, but none for the 30th.

No reboots in that time window either, but there would have been a few sleep events as the laptop had a nap.

Maybe steam is a factor in the permissions changing/being limited? I didn't notice any cloud save settings for fantasy grounds, but I'll take another look now.

Blog Entries
    An update in approx 2 weeks time will provide better warnings about SAVE issues - eg the game will check to see if the SAVE worked and will report if it didnt... it cant fix a permissions issue but it will alert - or at least I believe that will be in the upcoming 3.1.6 update.

Blog Entries
    Hiya all - if any of you are running Win7/8 or a Wineskinned version and have some time to do some testing.... Moon Wizard has identified the likely cause and a probable fix but it needs more testing on these versions.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...taller-changes

Thread Information