Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutless View Post
    I have windows 10 I don't get the option to run as administrator
    This should be available via: right-click -> More -> Run As Administrator.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quick update on this I have started a new campaign and have worked all night without a single problem my only guess is that my old campaign folder had become infected or something. I will consider the issue as a problem on my end somehow but will update this in the future if it happens again. Just in case someone is looking into this I still can not save anything in my old campaign but if I go into the folder i can create and edit documents so it is not read only kind of weird.

So out of no where it started again not sure what happened but now my new campaign doing the same thing doesnt save any changes. At least I only lost about 5 minutes of work this time.

My options when I right click are Open, Print, slimcleaner, restore previous versions, send to, cut, copy, create shortcut, delete, rename, properties dont have a more option.
    Last edited by Gutless; November 28th, 2015 at 08:12.

My options when I right click are Open, Print, slimcleaner, restore previous versions, send to, cut, copy, create shortcut, delete, rename, properties dont have a more option.
    In that case, right-click -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> click "Run this program as an administrator" -> OK

Then run FG as normal, this should give it Administrator rights.

Hopefully that will work. But, it sounds like something is changing the permissions at some point:
    1. What drive location is your FG data directory pointing at? From the FG startup screen, click "Settings" - what is the "Data Directory" value?
    2. Do you use any active backup/cloud sync applications - Box, Drive, Dropbox, etc.?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have windows 10 I don't get the option to run as administrator
    Really? I have it on my Win10 on my drop down. Did you try try right-clicking, select "Properties", then "Advanced", then checking the "Run as Administrator" button?

Alright so I am running AVG Zen and spybot for my Antivirus. And I have discovered that since I downloaded through Steam none of my steam apps let me run as administrator. I have tried running the Steam app as administrator then running Fantasy grounds that did not work. Here are some screen shots to show that the options you guys are giving do not exist. My Data Directory is C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds

Attachment 11958

Attachment 11959

Attachment 11960

Attachment 11961

Thanks for the help so far guys I tested it this morning still will not let me save
    Last edited by Gutless; November 28th, 2015 at 17:29. Reason: Added Thank you

Your system is seeing the shortcut you're using to start FG as an Internet shortcut and that is reducing your options, and is probably causing the issue by reducing access rights.

Go to the installation directory: probably \Program files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds and right-click on FantasyGrounds.exe and select run as administrator directly on the application executable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Your system is seeing the shortcut you're using to start FG as an Internet shortcut and that is reducing your options, and is probably causing the issue by reducing access rights.

Go to the installation directory: probably \Program files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds and right-click on FantasyGrounds.exe and select run as administrator directly on the application executable.
    DING DING DING This fixed the problem thanks to everyone for the help. Back to world building.

Out of nowhere, this frustrating problem reared its head for me as well. I downloaded and installed FG direct from here, not steam. Have an active Ultimate license (v3.1.4), and my campaigns save to C:/Program Data, not a cloud drive. Using Windows 10 Home.

From install two weeks ago until today, everything worked fine. No issues with the software saving the campaign on close. But today I just spent two hours with a new player creating a character and closed the program. Nothing saved. Work and time wasted. I tested minor changes and looked at the campaign files' timestamps and confirmed *none* of them were updating when exiting FG.

I find this forum post and try executing as admin. That seems to have solved the problem.

It's really confusing why everything worked fine for weeks without executing FG as an administrator up until now, and suddenly now it requires it to save my campaign properly.

Now I'm paranoid that it will fail even with admin privs after a long 5-6 hour session. Maybe you guys should consider putting a "Save Campaign" button into the software rather than only trusting the software will save on exit when its too late for users to do anything about it at that point and everything is potentially lost.

Thread Information