5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Campaign not saving

So I'm really trying to hold back my rage on this one but I have had it twice now not save my campaign. Before I logged off I even typed the /save command and when I came back I have now lost about 5 hours of work. Now I am new so maybe I am doing something wrong but at this point Im about to ask for a refund and go back to Roll20.

So is there a special command I need to type to get my campaign to save? The only thing I did between then was run an update and purchase a module.

Blog Entries
    Are you running the free version? Do you have admin access to your app data folder where the files are saved?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Hi Gutless,

I'm sorry to hear about you frustrations. The only time FG doesn't save a campaign (normally) is when you are running under the Free/Demo License, or when the directory where you are trying to save to has been set Read-Only. Would either of these two cases be relevant? If not, we'll try to see how we can get you running/saving.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    1. Make sure you have entered your license key and it shows the license type in the top right hand corner.
    2. Make sure you can write to the FG folders - on the splash screen click on the windows explorer folders and then go to the /campaigns subdirectory and then your campaign name. Try and create a text file. Then try to Edit it. If you have security prompts or warnings then you dont have sufficient permissions to your data paths.

It says 3.1.4 Ultimate in the right hand corner. And the issue is sometimes it saves and sometimes it does not the first time I experienced the issue wasn't a big deal only had a minor edit this second time it happened I had 5 straight hours of work in on my campaign. I have read a few thread about this issue and will try some of the resolutions I have found later. Was just frustrating to see 5 hours of work disappear. Thanks for the replies and Happy Thanksgiving.

So further testing has shown the following

1) upper right hand corner 3.1.4 Ultimate

2) I can edit a file in my campaign folder under my campaign name just fine

3) I've tried going into the cmd prompt and setting the net user adminstrator active:yes

4) I can't even change the campaign details extensions on the splash screen

5) I made a new campaign which seems to work just fine

This problem has kind of appeared out of no where it was working just fine when I first purchased this.
    Last edited by Gutless; November 27th, 2015 at 06:36.

Blog Entries
    Hi Gutless. I imagine this is frustrating the heck out of you. Id try and /save and reload FG every 30mins so you can test your saves until we can work out what is causing this.
    Another thing to try would be to right click FG and choose Run As Administrator whenever using FG.

Do you recall when you installed it - did you install for All Users or This User Only?

I am not sure if I chose all users or this user only

I have windows 10 I don't get the option to run as administrator

I have been doing 15 minutes of work and saving then going back has worked just fine under a new campaign so far.

Blog Entries
    Any chance your campaign name had non alpha-numerical characters?
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

No it is named Boomtown

Thread Information