FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FG automates concentration checks when taking damage just by putting the (c) in the effects line. I know it is case sensitive, but do not remember if it is upper or lower case.

Doing the CHECK... would give you a bonus to the concentration check, not actually make a check for you each time you take damage (which the (c) does).
    If I'm reading things right, a concentration check is based on you CON, if I take 36 points damage from a single hit, the DC to maintain concentration would be 18.

I would have to roll a concentration CHECK, my CON is 16, that gives me a plus 3. I roll a 14 + 3 = 17, that would be a fail, but since my Bladesong is active, I get to add my INT bonus.

My INT is 14, that gives me a plus 2, so my concentration check roll would be the 14 + 3 + 2 = 19, I made my concentration check then.

The coding would be "CHECK:[CON],+2, concentration"

The coding can be a little confusing, when things are not shown "(c)"
    Last edited by Istafar; May 13th, 2022 at 01:25.

Blog Entries
    I was confused. I thought you were wanting t have/not have Bladesong itself be something you had to concentrate on or you would lose the benefit. Pulling my head out, tat's not what is going on. So your effect of "CHECK:[CON],+2, concentration" is correct. It will apply for any of the other ongoing effects that require a concentration check (as indicated by a "(c)") when you take damage.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Istafar View Post
    The coding would be "CHECK:[CON],+2, concentration"

The coding can be a little confusing, when things are not shown "(c)"
    Badesong should be

Bladesong; SAVE:[INT], concentration; AC: [INT]; ADVSKILL: acrobatics; Speed+10

Concentration checks are actually constitution saves in 5e so using CHECK isn't right, also they include [CON] by default.

The Speed+ effect comes from Mad Nomad's Character Effects
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/138/view

But if you don't have it I tend to use "SPEED: +10, land" even though it does nothing.

If you are interested I can give you a short list of extensions/modules that drastically improve the base automation / experience in 5e. Some are paid, but imo it is worth it to just not worry about things like this anymore.

Thread Information