5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Blog Entries
    All extensions need to be either:
    * unpacked in a folder in the /extensions directory
    or
    * zipped up without the parent folder and rename the .zip to a .ext and placed directly in the /extensions directory

Well, it is just not working for me. Nothing shows up when I open a new campaign, still the default themes. I have attached what I put together, following your instructions via the link.

I placed it, zipped in the extensions folder, changed it from .zip to .ext, but the properties still show it as .zip as file type.

Went to do a system restore, as my default programs to open the files is now screwed up...only to find that the system restore was OFF?..wtf!?

Blog Entries
    Ok... so I downloaded your zip file and extracted the tst folder and placed it in /extensions
    I created a new CoreRPG game and selected the FG Con SciFi Theme which is what you left its name as and I get your wallpaper.
    What is it you did different to that?
    You may have 2 FG Con SciFi Themes and you are selecting the wrong one? You may have loaded a ruleset other than CoreRPG or Numenera which are the sets defined in your extension? You may have zipped it up and not renamed it as .ext? If this .zip is your (un-renamed) .ext file it wont work as it also contains the subfolder - it should only contain the files and graphics subfolder? Are you confusing a background with a decal?

And what has a system restore got to do with an extension? This is just editing an XML file. If you want to open and close EXT files without renaming them download 7zip - it will recognize the file as a zip without renaming it.

Okay, I finally got it to work. I was missing a blank folder in /extensions and the extensions.xml and /graphics were sitting in with the other extension folders. I don't know how I did that when extracting the tst (test without the vowel) folder.

As far as system restore, I inadvertently changed the default program for opening the .zip files, there wasn't a program associated before, now there is. As a result, my zipped tst file, although it has a .ext suffix, is still seen as a .zip file (in properties) and is unrecognized by FG. This was not the case before I changed the default program. A system restore would correct this, but that is not an option for me.

Now, I want to remove that decal...

Thanks for your help and patience, damned.

Blog Entries
    If you messed up the extensions - locate a file in Windows Explorer - right click and choose Open With find your app in the list or choose More Apps to find others directly and then select the app and tick the button to Always use this app...

Decals are able to be changed in Options while in game.

Blog Entries
    Also, you may think you are renaming it to .ext, but if you do not have your folder options set to show extensions, what you are really doing is renaming the file to tst.ext.zip which is wrong. It must be tst.ext

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Also, you may think you are renaming it to .ext, but if you do not have your folder options set to show extensions, what you are really doing is renaming the file to tst.ext.zip which is wrong. It must be tst.ext
    I will have to check this out, thanks!

Thread Information