DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Background extension

I would love to be able to change the background of FG for my players based on the environment they're in. For example, a cave theme when they go spelunking, a tavern scene when they're getting plastered, a forest scene before the ambush, etc. I think it would help with setting the mode better. Any idea how to do it, or would someone want to do it on their own?

If you are playing using one of the rulesets based on CoreRPG, the background decal options can be added to by using an extension.

There's a sample extension on the forums, but don't have the link handy. Perhaps someone not on a phone can add a link.

Regards,
    JPG

Ya, I've looked over the theme extensions and modified it. What I'm looking for is to change the background in-game, without having to disconnect the players to do so. As they go from environment to environment, I'd like to change the background.

MW is mentioning the changeable decal, not a complete theme. The decal is changeable in game through the campaign options Game (GM) -> Desktop: Decal Image setting, available in CoreRPG based rulesets.

See the "Custom Decal Tutorial" here: https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Got it to work! Thanks!

Blog Entries
    and whilst the decals were originally a smaller image in the middle of the screen there is no reason you cant use a larger image (it will add to download time) - right up to 2048px I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    See the "Custom Decal Tutorial" here: https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/
    So, the extension downloads, but the link to the tutorial is dead. Does anyone have any advice for how to see what I need to do in order to use the extension and my own decal images? I realize this is an old thread...

For some reason it posted my message above twice... at any rate, I still can't figure out how to use the extension with my own images. I can see that it works (it adds the FG Con decal to my list of available in-game decals) but I have no clue how to alter which image it's pickings
    Last edited by JimSocks; July 7th, 2016 at 15:39. Reason: Dual post that I made the best of

Blog Entries
    It's pretty easy. Let us know if you need help.

If you want another example of a decal extension, you can look at the 5E Quick Reference extension I have in my signature. I created it based off of the FG-Con example and tutorial. It has 5 or 6 different decals that it adds, so maybe that will help you see and understand which files get changed etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information