DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekahn
    Wow! I figured they wouldn't care about the out of print stuff. How naive I am...
    That's what I thought too and with all the discussions regarding copyright going on I figured I had better ask.

I sent another email last night:

I received acknowledgement today that I would be able to take AD&D 1E OOP Modules and 'convert' them into 'modules' that I can personally use for my own personal online gaming using a medium such as Fantasy Grounds.

What is the possibility of me being able to redistribute these 'modules' provided that:

A) I didn't charge for them.
    B) They are in a 'package'/'uneditable' format.
    C) They are not 'complete cover to cover' copies - i.e. the individual that wanted to run the adventure themselves would still need to purchase (probably as a pdf thru such sites as svgames.com, etc.) an 'original' of the module. The 'modules' themselves would only contain images (maps), the text that is presented to the players, and possible prepackaged characters that were already included in the module.

Would any of this fit into the OGL provided that I listed all original credit back to Wizards since you own the TSR logo?
    I want to see just how much trouble this is really going to be. I'll at least do some conversions for me to use.

The problem, as I see it, is that, while they (1st & 2nd edition adventures) are out of print in paper form, they are very much in print in PDF form through SVgames.com. Wizards is still making money off of those adventures and, as such, will probably not allow the distribution of their content even in FG form.
    --Art "Everything I do is a work of Art" Wendorf
    An Ultimate License Holder so anyone can join the fun!
    Timezone: US Central Time [UTC-6?]

Thread Information