FG Spreadshirt Swag

Request: XP autocalculates in Encounters pane

Hi all, I'm asking about what I'm hoping might be a really simple addition/extension for the 4E ruleset. I have tried looking into this a bit but I have zero experience with xml coding and whatnot, so it's unfortunately way beyond me.

In the 4E ruleset, encounters have a text field where you can write in the total XP value for the encounter. However, when you add a creature to an encounter, this text field doesn't update with the creature's XP value, but rather stays blank. I was wondering if this might possibly be changed? So if I add a 125 XP monster, the encounter XP changes to 125; if we add a second of the same monster, the encounter XP becomes 250, etc.

Is this something that can be easily done? I know the 5E ruleset dynamically updates its XP values when adding creatures to an encounter, so I was hoping it'd be doable in 4E too. It seems like it might be simple, but I really have no idea. I was hoping that someone who knows extensions and 4E might be able to take a look at this sometime, or inform me if it would actually be really complicated.

(The reason I am requesting this is because it becomes quite tedious to manually track say, a 125 XP monster, two 150 XP monsters, and four 31 XP monsters, and keep tallying and re-tallying the XP total to try to meet your desired XP budget for an encounter as you add or remove monsters, since you have to manually click/open each creature's info pane to see its XP value.)

Thanks for taking the time to read, any response or advice about if this is possible or not would be appreciated!
    Last edited by Rades; November 15th, 2015 at 03:05.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rades View Post
    ...The reason I am requesting this is because it becomes quite tedious to manually track say, a 125 XP monster, two 150 XP monsters, and four 31 XP monsters, and keep tallying and re-tallying the XP total to try to meet your desired XP budget for an encounter as you add or remove monsters, since you have to manually click/open each creature's info pane to see its XP value....
    not as tedious as actually coding it though!
    typically for these things to happen you have to find someone interested in doing it who also has the time and skills to do it - or the time and the willingness to learn it

Thread Information