Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Release v3.1.4

Excellent news. Congrats for everyone!

whiteTiki: Adventurers League Player
    Experience: 10 years; DM and Player
    Games: D&D, Pathfinder, World of Darkness

Is there a massive queue for the update because I keep getting an error-

ERROR -GetPackageFiles: Network: time out

Obviously the rest of the internet seems to be working fine for me, I'm not dropping connection this end, only noticed it after I'd started the updater and then had been shopping on DTRPG for the last 30 mins. It's stuck on the 5E.pak stops dling about 50-75% through every time, which is 9 times in a row so far.

Update and now it's gone through and has got to 5E_Theme_Wizards.ext and has stopped dling between 50-75% through 7 times in a row.

I guess I'll just leave it going?

Or is there something I'm missing, or don't know about?

Cheers PDR
    We're playing on-line with Fantasy Grounds, and we're loving it, check out the adventures of the European Union, and the Noobs here-

Goonalan's D&D 5th Edition Campaigns.

Love you lots.

Now on 9th attempt to DL file, come on baby- this is exciting!
    We're playing on-line with Fantasy Grounds, and we're loving it, check out the adventures of the European Union, and the Noobs here-

Love you lots.

Blog Entries
    When this was happening to me, I was told to delete my content.dat and content.dat.tmp files and update again. That worked for me.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

9th time! Woo-hoo! In your face world wide web! FTW!

Love you lots.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    When this was happening to me, I was told to delete my content.dat and content.dat.tmp files and update again. That worked for me.
    Two questions sir,

1) How do I do that- as in where do I find those particular files, I'm a computer idiot.

2) Will deleting these two folders effect the games I have in play, and all the stuff I've inputted so far.

Thanks in advance.

PS Doing Modules and on second run through to DL HOTDQ at present, and stuck again by the looks of things.

Boo!

Cheers PDR

Yep, third attempt started.

Love you lots.

Blog Entries
    They are in your Data folder. Bring up the FG launcher screen and in the upper right there's a small folder - that takes you to your Data folder. Find the two files and delete them. The .dat file is the one the program is trying to update and the .dat.tmp one is the temporary file created when the update process fails. Delete both and try updating again.

Doing this didn't impact any of my game stuff/content (although, with a failed update like this, you will likely notice your purchased 5E content is gone until you successfully complete the update).
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

1) If you start FG and on the launcher screen above the version number on the top right there is a folder icon. Click it and it will pop up a window with FG's data. There will be a list of folders and files. One of the files will be content.dat and there might be a content.dat.tmp file. Delete both of them.

2) Deleting these only these files will not effect any of your game data. All that is kept in the campaigns folder so just deleting those two files only effects the downloader. You are doing this in case the downloader is stuck because the .dat file got corrupt. The downloader will rebuild the file from scratch after it is deleted.

Hi there. In my attempt to update this message came out:

Fantasy Grounds Updater
    SaveToVault
    Unable to extract file (extensions/5E_Language_Fonts_FR_Wizards.ext)

Then:
    Fantasy Grounds Updater
    SaveToVault
    Unable to save file (extensions/5E_Language_Fonts_FR_Wizards.ext) to content vault

whiteTiki: Adventurers League Player
    Experience: 10 years; DM and Player
    Games: D&D, Pathfinder, World of Darkness

Blog Entries
    lotta updating going on just now (evening north america)... keep trying if its still stuck on those same files follow JohnD and Griogre's advice....

Thread Information