5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Release v3.1.4

Quote Originally Posted by whiteTiki View Post
    Hi there. In my attempt to update this message came out:

Fantasy Grounds Updater
    SaveToVault
    Unable to extract file (extensions/5E_Language_Fonts_FR_Wizards.ext)

Then:
    Fantasy Grounds Updater
    SaveToVault
    Unable to save file (extensions/5E_Language_Fonts_FR_Wizards.ext) to content vault
    Delete the two files mentioned above and re-run the update. Run FG as administrator before you run the update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe. That solved the issue.

whiteTiki: Adventurers League Player
    Experience: 10 years; DM and Player
    Games: D&D, Pathfinder, World of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    They are in your Data folder. Bring up the FG launcher screen and in the upper right there's a small folder - that takes you to your Data folder. Find the two files and delete them. The .dat file is the one the program is trying to update and the .dat.tmp one is the temporary file created when the update process fails. Delete both and try updating again.

Doing this didn't impact any of my game stuff/content (although, with a failed update like this, you will likely notice your purchased 5E content is gone until you successfully complete the update).
    And then it worked... went off to make tea after watching it fail to download LMOP about seven more times, came back thirty minutes later and all done.

Thanks though, this may be of use to me in the future.

Cheers Paul
    We're playing on-line with Fantasy Grounds, and we're loving it, check out the adventures of the European Union, and the Noobs here-

Goonalan's D&D 5th Edition Campaigns.

Love you lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    1) If you start FG and on the launcher screen above the version number on the top right there is a folder icon. Click it and it will pop up a window with FG's data. There will be a list of folders and files. One of the files will be content.dat and there might be a content.dat.tmp file. Delete both of them.

2) Deleting these only these files will not effect any of your game data. All that is kept in the campaigns folder so just deleting those two files only effects the downloader. You are doing this in case the downloader is stuck because the .dat file got corrupt. The downloader will rebuild the file from scratch after it is deleted.
    And then it worked... went off to make tea after watching it fail to download LMOP about seven more times, came back thirty minutes later and all done.

Thanks though, this may be of use to me in the future.

Cheers Paul
    We're playing on-line with Fantasy Grounds, and we're loving it, check out the adventures of the European Union, and the Noobs here-

Goonalan's D&D 5th Edition Campaigns.

Love you lots.

Thread Information