DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Hmm, okay I thought I had the grasp of this, but apparently I must have made a minor mistake somewhere. Oh well! Nothing to it but to keep trying.

Thanks for pointing me at the converter!

Oh how a single forgotten quotation mark can be thy bane. But hey. I figured it out! Thanks to the mod authors and to damned for hooking me up with the converter program!

You can also use TTF files directly - see the CoreRPG ruleset for an example:

Code:
    	<font name="reference-page-header">
    		<ttf file="graphics/fonts/AlegreyaSansSC-Bold.ttf" name="Alegreya Sans SC" size="24" />
    		<color value="#000000" />
    	</font>
    More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/font.xcp

However, Moon Wizard (main FG dev) has recently said that this can be inefficient - as FG has to do the conversion at runtime. If you have a couple of TTF fonts then it's OK using this, if you have a lot it is probably worth converting them to .fgf format first.

It may depend on the license the TTF file comes under - if it doesn't allow modification of the base TTF file, then you probably shouldn't be converting it in any publicly distributed FG material.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Looking at the extension it seems that it could be modified to serve other rulesets that are based on CoreRPG. The one in particular that I am interested in is the N.E.W. ruleset by MadBeardMan.
    Do you think there would be a conflict with it? My idea is to make a new set of languages that are science fiction based for particular alien species. They would be TTF fonts, made mostly by myself and a few I have found on the internet.

Another question is would the fgf converter have a problem with these TTF fonts, after I make them? I am thinking not, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007 View Post
    Do you think there would be a conflict with it?
    Probably wouldn't have a conflict. Give it a go.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Could you add a loadorder tag to your extension.xml? Because it doesn't have one it loads alphabetically, and since it overwrites the GameSystem.languagefonts and GameSystem.languages, any other extensions which add languages and don't overwrite have to be named in such a way as to load after your extension.
    Ultimate License Holder
    US Central Time Zone

Currently Running:
    Player in Carrion Crown w/ Ponyfinder - Sunday @ 7:30pm

Character Creation and Management: PCGen

Quote Originally Posted by Llisandur View Post
    Could you add a loadorder tag to your extension.xml? Because it doesn't have one it loads alphabetically, and since it overwrites the GameSystem.languagefonts and GameSystem.languages, any other extensions which add languages and don't overwrite have to be named in such a way as to load after your extension.
    I understand what you're saying, but changing the loadorder in this extension will only make it load later in the extension load process, not earlier - which will overwrite what earlier extensions have already done. Also, FG devs have said there is no actual guarantee of the exact load order for extensions with the same load order (default = 0). So, although it may appear to you that they are loading alphabetically, there is no guarantee that this will happen every time.

But, if you feel this will work for you, then you can make the loadorder change to the extension for your own use.

The code in the extension originally was coded to add fonts on the end of existing ones, but there were issues with this - although I can't remember the exact details as this was over 2 years ago. The original code is still there, commented out - you could uncomment the code, also change the names of the two tables etc. to make it populate the language and font table without overwriting. Hopefully the issues I had over 2 years ago will no longer be relevant now.

I did try that, which is why I asked. If I set the load order for your extension to some number and then set my extensions to a later number, it loads just fine. But without the loadorder tag on your extension, it seems to ignore the loadorder tags altogether, rather than defaulting to a loadorder of 0.

Anyway, rather than use the old code, I've found that
    Code:
    function onInit()
    --	Add new fonts to the end of the current languagefonts table in manager_gamesystem.lua
    GameSystem.languagefonts["language"] = "language"

--	Add new languages to the end of the current languages table in manager_gamesystem.lua
    GameSystem.languages["language"] = "language"
    end
    seems to work just fine for adding new languages. I'm not sure if it's possible to overwrite old ones with this method though, which I think your extension does. As such they just have to load after your extension or they'll be overwritten.
    Ultimate License Holder
    US Central Time Zone

Currently Running:

I did try that, which is why I asked. If I set the load order for your extension to some number and then set my extensions to a later number, it loads just fine. But without the loadorder tag on your extension, it seems to ignore the loadorder tags altogether, rather than defaulting to a loadorder of 0.
    Sounds like maybe an issue with FG not reading/translating no loadorder to 0. Whereas changing to loadorder 1 (or something else) might seem to work now, if loadorder 0 is reinstated at some point, it will result in the extension not loading first. I'd prefer to get the base issue sorted thank do workarounds that might not be valid for long.

Anyway, rather than use the old code, I've found that
    Code:
    function onInit()
    --	Add new fonts to the end of the current languagefonts table in manager_gamesystem.lua
    GameSystem.languagefonts["language"] = "language"

--	Add new languages to the end of the current languages table in manager_gamesystem.lua
    GameSystem.languages["language"] = "language"
    end
    seems to work just fine for adding new languages. I'm not sure if it's possible to overwrite old ones with this method though, which I think your extension does.
    That code is doing exactly the same as the old code in the extension is doing. It doesn't add to any existing tables, you're overwriting any previously defined languages just like the current extension does. It's not changing anything.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 18th, 2018 at 03:52.

It doesn't overwrite the previously added languages because it's simply adding to the end of the array. The extension's code uses GameSystem.languagefonts = {["language"] = "language"} which sets the array to a new array.
    Ultimate License Holder
    US Central Time Zone

Currently Running:

Thread Information