FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last
    Post #2 details how to add new font files to the extension. If you find a font that replaces standard letters with something like a binary representation of sorts, then you can add that to your own extension (you’ll also need to define it as an FG font).

Open up the extension and see how the new fonts contained in the extension are defined, and do the same for a new font.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh, I should have read the thread more thoroughly. I will try that. Thanks

Edit:

BinaryConversion.jpg

If anyone wants the .fgf for the font just ask
    Last edited by SuperGeneric; February 8th, 2019 at 06:14.

up until recently, i was able to assign different fantasy languages by selecting from a relatively extensive list of fantasy fonts (extension) using the "language" in options.

i think update 3.3.10 may have broke this... can someone confirm (there are only 5 languages in this list now)?
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post
    up until recently, i was able to assign different fantasy languages by selecting from a relatively extensive list of fantasy fonts (extension) using the "language" in options.

i think update 3.3.10 may have broke this... can someone confirm (there are only 5 languages in this list now)?
    I've just tested in a new PFRPG campaign and all of the languages are present in the Options -> Languages window, and the chat window dropdown. Looks to be working fine to me in FGC v3.3.10.

See the note in post #1 about adding this extension to an existing campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@trenloe, thx for that tip.

i followed instructions and it didn't work. i even re-downloaded the chat and font extensions.

it turned out that those weren't the problem. having lived the life as a fg extension addict, i had a hunch there might be a conflict somewhere.

sure enough, language extension conflicts with @kelrugem's advanced 3.5e and pathfinder effects extension. (gonna drop him a note in that thread and see if he can do something about it).

so right now, language is behaving as it should with the other one off.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

When I try this extension in FGU, I get a bunch of errors.

Code:
    [3/29/2020 12:23:35 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [3/29/2020 12:24:00 PM] Starting private server mode. [(192.168.1.10:1802) (ipv6deleted)]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:00 PM] Game server started. [192.168.1.10:1802]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:00 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
    [3/29/2020 12:24:00 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Aquan). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Celestial). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Draconic). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Dwarven). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Elven). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Giant). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Infernal). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Gnoll). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Aklo). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Common). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Hallit). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Kelish). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Osiriani). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Polyglot). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Shadowtongue). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Shoanti). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Skald). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Tien). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Varisian). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:24 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>]  font: Missing TTF tag for font (Vudrani). [Fantasy Language Fonts (1)] [extension.xml]
    [3/29/2020 12:24:45 PM] s'Adding new Golarion based languages...'
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by epithet View Post
    When I try this extension in FGU, I get a bunch of errors....

Any suggestions?
    FGU uses a different font format to FGC. You can't use this in FGU. I'll note that in post #1.

Is there a plan to create a version of this for FGU? Also, what about making this compatible with RMC rulesets?

Quote Originally Posted by Elvedui View Post
    Is there a plan to create a version of this for FGU?
    I don't plan to do it. If someone else wants to look for similar public domain TTF/OTF fonts and create a FGU extension then they're welcome to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvedui View Post
    Also, what about making this compatible with RMC rulesets?
    It should be compatible with the CoreRPG version of RMC.

It does work in the new CoreRPG version of RMC. At least with the test version 2.0.3. I get a couple of additional blank lines at the top of the language list when setting the languages font "Options - Language", but the chat window seems to work just fine. Checked with a second instance on the same machine, and the chars with the language spoken understood the language just fine, and it reported (in the GM chat window) who understood it.

Note, I did have to add "RolemasterClassic" to the 'extensions.xml' definition (just being clear).

Thread Information