STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... Last

PFS Emerald Spire Superdungeon Campaign (Levels 1-11)

I am going to run all 11 levels of the Emerald Spire Superdungeon in NORMAL mode (NON-CORE). Each one is 3XP/4PP and will hopefully, for the most part, be single-session events. I will be running these events at the same time each week, possibly with skipped weeks here and there, depending on my schedule. If there is overflow, I am happy to team up with another GM to run 2 tables. Or, perhaps someone would like to run a CORE table in parallel. I may also run a 2nd session on a slower track. However, I had planned to use some of that time for Reign of Winter.

I will be choosing the party from among the registrants, and I would like these games to be focused and efficient to help minimize the need for session extension. I anticipate that each session will be 4-5 hours. Things may extend as PCs increase in level.

Please post here and sign up on the calendar to apply. Characters will all start at 0XP and be dedicated characters for Emerald Spire.

Calendar Event

Note that at levels 12 and beyond, PCs become Seekers. However, in order to run Seeker story arcs, you must have EXACTLY 33XP. Emerald Spire levels confer 3XP, so that is why you will be starting at 0XP (and finishing at 33XP as a valid Seeker).

This campaign will run long-term into the start of 2016. Hopefully, we will finish up by some time in February!

Emerald Spire Levels:
    Level 1: "The Tower Ruins" by Lisa Stevens
    Level 2: "The Cellars" by Ed Greenwood
    Level 3: "Splinterden" by Michael A. Stackpole
    Level 4: "Godhome" by Frank Mentzer
    Level 5: "The Drowned Level" by Sean K Reynolds
    Level 6: "The Clockwork Maze" by Richard Baker
    Level 7: "Shrine of the Awakener" by Chris Pramas
    Level 8: "The Circle of Vissk-Thar" by Jason Bulmahn
    Level 9: "The Spire Axis" by Tim Hitch****
    Level 10: "The Magma Vault" by F. Wesley Schneider
    Level 11: "The Tomb of Yarrix" by Wolfgang Baur
    Last edited by HoloGnome; November 5th, 2015 at 04:18.

I could play through this, although as a note I have read (and GM'd) levels 1-6. But I have only played through the Evergreen level 1.
    Server License: Ultimate. Anyone can play for free.
    Server Address: Cold Thief Bold Luck

Sounds like fun! I've signed up on the calendar entry to indicate I'm interested. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join this Saturday's session. Hopefully, I'll make the next scenario... Or an alternate time if another table is held.

HG, if the same group of players can't make every session, is there flexibility for people to come in and out as long as the level difference is not too extreme? Or does every scenario have to have the same group of characters for the entire campaign?
    Timezone: GMT+7
    Fantasy Grounds License Type: Standard

There may be drop-ins. I would like to see a dedicated campaign, however. xazil: no problem...as long as I can play when you run it. My preference would be to start this weekend...but I might be able to swap Saturday/Sunday days with Reign of Winter.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; November 5th, 2015 at 04:45.

Am interested but am totally new to PFS, would this be bad to start with? Timing might be rough too but possibly doable other than some holiday weekends if I'm out of town.

You won't be able to play Level 11, btw, unless you go slow at some point.

Oh, and since I already played a few of the levels, I won't be able to play the entire thing, but may be available as a drop-in sometimes.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

This sounds great! I'm new to table top, but very much getting into it and a long campaign like this sounds very exciting. Would you be willing to invite somebody that has very little experience?

Kiito - Sorry, but I am not considering brand new players for this game. I'll run The Confirmation again in the not-too-distant future...or you can check out one of the CORE games that is about to run (soon).

Andi - shouldn't players be able to play 11 without going slow? At the start of L11, they will have 30XP and Seeker is at 33XP (PC Level 12).

Starting XP cliffs:
    L1: 0XP; L2: 3XP; L3: 6XP; L4: 9XP; L5: 12XP
    L6: 15XP; L7: 18XP; L8: 21XP; L9: 24XP; L10: 27XP
    L11: 30XP

Finish Level 11 at 33 = 12th Level/Seeker after the award.

Quote Originally Posted by Guide says
    Once characters reach 12th level, they may no longer play in tiered scenarios for levels 1–11.
    Am I misunderstanding?

Happy to have you along! I'm not sure yet how it will work, these may end up being drop-in games, and I might not start this weekend.

If you go normal progression then by the end of Dungeon Level 10, you become 11th character level, which means you out-leveled for Yarrix (which is 8-10 only). The Magma Vault will need to be Slow Tracked.

Also running this straight through means the PP suffers a little, but that's the price you pay to be able to level so quickly.

I'd be up for this, but I can't commit to the schedule. Plus it looks like you have plenty of interest already. Maybe someday I'll pair up with another GM and we'll both run it for each other and others. First as Normal, then as CORE? Oh the possibilities..... ^_^
    Last edited by cmdisc; November 5th, 2015 at 12:57.
    Those of you who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

FG License: Ultimate
    Server Alias: crazy cave dashing ninja
    TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    TeamSpeak Password (case sensitive): Dungeoneers

I have played 1-5 already but may be availabe if you need drop ins for higher levels.

Thread Information