5E Character Create Playlist
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789

Thread: Release v3.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Unahim View Post
    Look, I just want it to be a toggleable option. That's it. I don't like how it looks when I don't need it, and that's that. Please stop trying to talk me out of it because in your opinion it's small and unobtrusive, it is getting tiresome. I know what I want, I know what annoys me, and you coming here to tell me "Hey man, it's really barely noticeable! You're wrong about it being annoying!" when clearly it is annoying enough to me for me to come to the forum to make a request about it is, quite frankly, arrogant. Don't assume that you have the correct opinion and that I will somehow fold to it if you just explain it often enough, preferences are preferences, I've stated mine, I've made a simple request. The end.

Sorry, don't mean to be harsh to you, but you're coming across as very condescending and belittling of my issue, and it is getting under my skin.
    Ouch! I wasn't telling you that it isn't annoying, nor was I stating any kind of opinion, nor was I explaining anything. I was trying to help solve your problem since it was possible that you (and possibly others) had some kind of bug which was making the drop down menu much larger than it appears for me. However I'm very clear now that it isn't a bug.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Unahim View Post
    Look, I just want it to be a toggleable option. That's it. I don't like how it looks when I don't need it, and that's that.
    In the desktop_classes.xml file in the desktop folder of the CoreRPG.pak ruleset, scroll down to the chat window definition at line number 36. In the subsection called <sheetdata>, in both the <combobox name="language"> and <genericcontrol name="languageicon"> definitions, put the line:
    Code:
    				<invisible/>
    In the chat_window.lua file in the desktop/scripts folder, go down to the last function called onDrop(...). Comment out the last if/then block by putting double hyphens in front of each line:
    Code:
    	--if draginfo.getType() == "language" then
    	--	LanguageManager.setCurrentLanguage(draginfo.getStringData());
    	--	return true;
    	--end
    Save both files and the language UI will be gone. Of course, you could make an extension that has these two files with the changes, but that is a bit more difficult. Either way, if you update Fantasy Grounds you will have to do this again (or update the extension is these files are changed).
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information