STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Release v3.1.3

Yes, it's because the Log function was added.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Here's the link to the patch notes.

the DCI# entry is now in the log sheet rather than in the notes sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Yes, it's because the Log function was added.
    Ok, Thanks. I finally figured out the log tab.
    This is a signature testing 1. 2. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

[CoreRPG+] Bracketed math and dice expressions within table results will be evaluated.
    CoreRPG+] Multiple rolls for follow-on tables in table results (use [#x] tag).
    Is there a thread somewhere that explains the use of these options. I assume it's for DMG loot tables where it says "Roll 1d6 times on Magic Items A"? Hopefully? If that is, or even if it's not, what is the syntax to use these options? Not quite getting it from the description.
    Bryan Britt, a.k.a. Brynnan the High

Adventurers League Online, Local Coordinator for Fantasy Grounds
    Adventurers League Online, Quest of the Week DM Team

Ultimate License Holder, any license can play

Blog Entries
    Could someone explain what the following do?

- Player: Show Turn Order (Off/On/Friendly)
    - NPC: Rolls (Variable or Fixed)
    - PC: Healing Variants (Slow Natural Healing/Standard/Healing Surges)

I am probably missing something really simple in all of these cases, I acknowledge that, but I'm still learning 5e.

Also, is there any way to add custom languages to the new functionality?

Thanks.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Here's some more explanation from Moon Wizard from the thread, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Release-Notes :

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's linked here for your viewing.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Release-v3-1-3

Common Language Font
    An extension is required to add additional language font names and font files. You can assign one of the existing registered language fonts to Common in the Language Settings located through a button in the Options window.

Options
    * The hidden turn order option removes the turn ordering and initiative values from the player view. The combatants are sorted by faction, then name only.
    * The diagonal distance house rule is for determining distance for pointers and token paths on the map. In 5E by default, it's always 5 feet per square, even diagonals. This option (noted in the DMG) lets you mimic the 3.5E version. (first diagonal is 5 feet, second diagonal is 10 feet)
    * The insipiration slots house rule option is for games that allow more than one inspiration point to be accumulated. (up to 3)

Quests
    The quest record is simply a place to create a record for story goals, including level and XP (depending on ruleset). It is available through the campaign Story window. It can be added to the party sheet (for those rulesets that use XP). These were already partially available via the party sheet, but made into full-fledged campaign records.

Resizable chat entry box
    Just type until the chat entry box is full, and then it will automatically grow to display what you are typing. (up to 8 lines)

Multiple table follow-on rolls
    Just create Table A and Table B with a few options. In Table A, add the following text as one of the table results. "[3x] [Table B]"

Cheers,
    JPG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The Druidic language is not showing up as being understood by anyone even when there is a player with the language. In case it matters I was using the Pathfinder Rule set when it was tested by a player and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Brynnan View Post
    Is there a thread somewhere that explains the use of these options. I assume it's for DMG loot tables where it says "Roll 1d6 times on Magic Items A"? Hopefully? If that is, or even if it's not, what is the syntax to use these options? Not quite getting it from the description.
    Yes, these are for loot tables. If you place a dice expression in brackets [5d6] then that dice will be rolled on the table so that you can set up for example loot tables.
    Furthermore you can reference another table and have FG automatically roll a number of times on that table thus [1d6x][Magic Table A]
    You can also have more chaining dice rolls so that if for example a roll on Magic Table A gave you a scroll of 1st level you can make a roll from that table to pinpoint precisely which scroll you get.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Could someone explain what the following do?

- Player: Show Turn Order (Off/On/Friendly)
    - NPC: Rolls (Variable or Fixed)
    - PC: Healing Variants (Slow Natural Healing/Standard/Healing Surges)

I am probably missing something really simple in all of these cases, I acknowledge that, but I'm still learning 5e.

Also, is there any way to add custom languages to the new functionality?

Thanks.
    The referenced post deals with turn order options.
    NPC rolls fixed or variable deals with the option where you can choose NPCs to deal the average damage or make a dice roll for damage. So if a monster does 3(1d6) damage having the Fixed on it will deal 3 damage or variable it will deal 1d6. (this is for 5e - don't think it will apply to any other system)
    PC Healing variants options handle the healing variants described at p266/p267 of the 5e DMG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by demonsbane View Post
    After the public release of 3.1.3, I'm seeing a small thing affecting the economy of available display space in the 5e ruleset:

When I open a spell from a library module, a spell window appears allowing to be resized as one pleases.

But when I open the same spell from any character sheet, instead, the spell window appearing is larger and it can't be resized past certain point.

Here is a sample of both windows; the left one is the spell from a library module, resized for the purposes of this screenshot, and the right one, which is larger, is the same spell opened from a character sheet at its minimum size:

It would be nice if both could be resized as usual.
    I don't know if this is a bug or not but it's probably best to report it in the bugs thread above.

Zacchaeus: it's done.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Thread Information