5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I wrote an extension for this feature for my group.

Features:
    * Displays portent rolls and usage indicators on the "Actions" tab of any character having the Portent or Greater Portent feature.
    * Automatically rolls and saves the Portent dice for those characters on a long rest (and resets usage indicators)
    * Drag any Portent die from the Actions tab onto a target to apply the "PORTENT: xx" effect, where xx is the die roll
    * Target's next d20 roll (initiative, save, skill check, ability check, or attack roll) will be replaced by portent die roll and effect expired.
    * Provides check box next to each roll so player can keep track of which rolls he's used (does not automatically do this when roll is dropped onto target)
    * Handles both Portent and Greater Portent

Rules Notes:
    1) As I understand RAW, Portent only substitutes the die roll. So, any modifiers still get applied to it.
    2) As I understand RAW, only ONE die roll is substituted. If the target has advantage or disadvantage - the first roll will be replaced with the Portent roll. This may or may not be to your maximum benefit. The wording of Portent isn't totally clear. It could easily be made to replace both, if you want to convince me that that's closer to RAW.

Anyway, I just finished writing it as a Saturday morning project yesterday. My group only plays once a week, so it'll be a few month before I'm comfortable putting it on Forge. But if you want a copy e-mailed to you to help me test it out, please feel free to respond.

If you would like something that is on the forge right now "Requested Rolls" can you get the ability to edit the roll values before the resolution process (where it tells you success or failure). It doesn't have the ability to automatically track your portent values, but it would work for now.

I already do use (and love) requested rolls, but my players don't like when it interrupts the rolling workflow too much. I guess I could have used the "Staged Rolls" feature to only stage rolls for targets having the "Portent" effect applied, similar to what we do for Bardic Inspiration. That'd have probably been enough if I'd thought of it. But I've already got the Portent-specific mod working now and it does everything more cleanly for us (keeps track for rolls and usage) and doesn't interrupt die roll workflow.

Thread Information