STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Thanks for the additional info. We have also heard of cases where it is either cheaper or more expensive on Steam due to how they adjust pricing for different regions above and beyond a simple currency exchange. It's worth checking both options to see what provides the best deal.
    Indeed it is. I always wondered it you guys would receive less money because we pay "less". I live in Brazil and recently our coin got undervalued. One american dollar used to cost 2 Real, but it has recently reached 4 real , it doubled and it's a prohibitive time for us to buy anything in dollar, but Steam kept the usual conversion where $1 = R$2, so we can still buy games and FG for a fair price. But I've recently seen lots of people cancelling "some other VTT" monthly subscription because now it costs a lot and I'm showing them FG.

Blog Entries
    How do people know when someone has bought them a gift certificate?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Indeed it is. I always wondered it you guys would receive less money because we pay "less". I live in Brazil and recently our coin got undervalued. One american dollar used to cost 2 Real, but it has recently reached 4 real , it doubled and it's a prohibitive time for us to buy anything in dollar, but Steam kept the usual conversion where $1 = R$2, so we can still buy games and FG for a fair price. But I've recently seen lots of people cancelling "some other VTT" monthly subscription because now it costs a lot and I'm showing them FG.
    We get a little less, but it enables people to buy it for a fair price in their location relative to their cost of living. So, from that standpoint it is just better that they have it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    How do people know when someone has bought them a gift certificate?
    It asks for their email address and then it sends them the gift certificate email from PayPal with the code they can use to complete their purchases. I would also recommend sending them an email to ensure that they don't trash the email and think it is spam.

We get a little less, but it enables people to buy it for a fair price in their location relative to their cost of living. So, from that standpoint it is just better that they have it.
    I agree. Not only because I get to pay less but I think that it's better selling for less that not selling at all.

Sweet to be able to gift straight from the store

Odd question: what if 2 people give a DM a $20 gift certificate and he wants to buy something costing $30. Can you put in multiple gift certificates on one order? Is any remaining credit lost?

Blog Entries
    It looks like you can use more than one on a single purchase. Any remaining funds stay with you on your PayPal account for use on future purchases.

From the PayPal Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions:
    https://www.paypal.com/rcterms

Redeeming Gift Certificates

• In order to redeem your Gift Certificate you must have a PayPal account. You can create a PayPal account HERE or at the time of redemption.
    • Your Gift Certificate can be used solely to pay for items sold on Merchant’s website. To redeem the value associated with your Gift Certificate you will be required to provide your Gift Certificate code during the checkout process.
    • You cannot redeem this Gift Certificate at any other merchant or for cash.
    • You cannot redeem this Gift Certificate at this Merchant’s in-person store – you can only redeem it on the Merchant’s website.
    • Any unused value will remain on your Gift Certificate until spent.
    • If the amount of your order exceeds the value remaining on the Gift Certificate, you will be required to pay for the balance using PayPal.
    • You may use more than one Gift Certificate at a time.
    • For security purposes, you may be required to enter credit card or bank account information before you can redeem the Gift Certificate.

Cannot find Gift Certificate

It should be right here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/

On the right-hand side of the screen. Let me know if it doesn't show up for you, since it is possible that there is something cached.
    Cannot find any way to purchase a Gift Certificate.

Thread Information