DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 18 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Well done! I am intrigued by the potential that can be tapped with the new technology. But perhaps even more importantly for me, I can see that Smiteworks grows as a business and increases its resources. That gives me good faith in the future.
    Looking a step (many steps?) ahead, I am sure an integration with a sound/music effects technology, or supported compatibility with such solutions, would really excite many current and to-be owners of FG.
    Last edited by Szabtom; October 7th, 2015 at 09:52.

Welcome to the forums and community Archania

Bold move FG!

I'm a long time, hard core, user/supporter of MapTool... but if FG can incorporate much of what Tabletop Connect was doing it's going to be impressive. Its light, sight, 2d/3d token system, custom character sheet builder, and map/asset builder were exciting.

Couple questions:

1) What Tabletop Connect features are likely to migrate into FG first? Any timelines?
    2) Will FG continue to support the local server model once it moves to Unity?
    3) Are there any developer diaries anywhere?

Definitely keeping a close eye on how things proceed.

Hi there !
    I was a TTC backer and am not a FG user for now. As Carl already know, I loved the powerfull TTC interface and was able to create content for rpg I and my friends are playing at. The main reason I wasn't happy with FG is the necessity to edit XML files for non classic D20 rpg (if you want to do things properly, and the missing default D100 dice in the interface as well). I was really amazed about what Carl did with TTC, especially the sheet creating and editing interface (easy, simple, automated macros like Gen and Roll macros).. This was the feature I enjoyed the most and the reason I chose TTC instead of FG. Now, Carl reassured us (TTC backers) : all that we loved so much about TTC will be integrated in FGU. I just hope so ! In this case, FGU will be my product of choice. FG is a powerfull VTT but it currently lacks some features in my opinion. These features were the ones TTC gave us. I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

Regards.

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure there are d% or d100 in FG - wouldn't be able to play Rolemaster without them for one thing.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Pretty sure there are d% or d100 in FG - wouldn't be able to play Rolemaster without them for one thing.
    I think he means it uses 2d10s instead. One is 00-90 and then other is 0-9.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Yes they are there... but not activated by default. You need to get your hands dirty to use them (XML files editing I think). I wish they could be there without this kind of manipulation.

Edit : well. I may apologize : i should have not correctly understood what I read several months ago. You can right clik on the D10 button and select the percentage die. Anyway, It could be so simplier to have a percentage die instead of right-clicking the D10 die and select percentage. For a full D100 based game (like Rolemaster), i find it user unfriendly to have to do 2 manipulations each time you have to roll a die. I know there is a D100 model as you can see in some FG interface screenshots. But didn't found how to have them in the interface.

Edit : Double apologies : thx for the shortcut tips, Trenloe.
    Last edited by Phoxounet; October 17th, 2015 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoxounet View Post
    Yes they are there... but not activated by default. You need to get your hands dirty to use them (XML files editing I think). I wish they could be there without this kind of manipulation.
    They don't automatically appear on the desktop in most rulesets. But % dice are available if you right click on the d10 (top left is the % option in the radial menu). You can then drag that to a hotkey slot under the dice which allows you to roll d%% with a single click. No dirty hands involved.

You can also type /die 1d100 in the chat window and drag that to a hotkey slot to roll percentage dice. You can setup quite complete dice rolls this way.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 17th, 2015 at 15:58.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

you can put the percentage die roll on your UI bar for one click action. (Just right click on d10 and left click on %. Instead of throwing dice into the chat window. Put them on your bar instead. Then you can click on it at your hearts content.

Edit: @Trenloe You beat me to it.

Blog Entries
    Please continue to share your thoughts on what you'd like to see in the final interface, though. That helps us shape what the final product will look like.

I think you will be happy to know that Moon_wizard and I both like the simplicity of some of Carl's choices, both for making new character sheets and for map creation. Some of his earlier stuff may actually even fit better when you start talking about building out maps quickly in a 2D interface. Currently, we have a basic system called CoreRPG that can be used to build out any interface. It serves this purpose, as well as forming a solid core system that can be used to build out more advanced systems, such as D&D 5E, Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, Savage Worlds, etc. For the latter purpose, I imagine CoreRPG will remain as an option for use by ruleset builders that want a very custom and specific interface. The ease of creation that is present in TabletopConnect, however, would be a great feature to make available for unsupported rulesets. Simply scanning in a character sheet and then overlaying data fields over top is very intuitive and powerful and something we hope to build out somehow within the Unity version of FG. Whether this becomes a standard feature for CoreRPG or we spin off a new version of CoreRPG to better support multiple game systems has not yet been determined. You'll be also happy to know that we have already started building out a much more robust dice mechanic language that should further make it easy to build new rulesets.

By the way, Carl's first official day with the company was yesterday. We had a great, first company meeting with him and I think it bodes well for the future of FG. If you liked what Carl did in the past and/or you like what we've done so far, I think you will be very happy with the results of our combined efforts.

@Fullbleed, those are all great questions and we don't yet have answers for all of those. The first step is getting FG pushed over to Unity the rest of the way. Part of that process will likely look for easy features to bring over from TTC as an initial launch. Once we get closer to that, we will have a better idea of the delivery timelines for the other enhancements and which ones will come before the others. Some of the TTC backers from the KS were able to participate in some developer discussions as part of their backer levels. For that reason, we will likely start doing something like that in the future so that they can continue to participate. In addition, once we launch our KS, we will put some more of those things in too. We will look for some of that content to eventually make it out to a public discussion forum as well, but probably after it's been shared and discussed with the higher-level backers and our third-party devs.

Thread Information