DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    When I use Spells by Sourcebook, The Dragon's Demand gives the following:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/windowtitlebar.lua"]: 18: attempt to index local 'nodeTitle' (a nil value)
    Thanks for reporting. This will be fixed in the next release - probably not for a couple of months yet.

You can access the one spell in that list (Wall of Light) from the "All Spells" list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Ok, it just so happened that was the very first thing I clicked after installing the module and I was like "uh oh!" I went through every other link in the Spells by Sourcebook and didn't get any other errors.

Oh! Forgot to request: when this gets updated, for the sake of consistency would you mind changing APG to Advanced Player's Guide since all the other guides are spelled out? =)
    Last edited by Talyn; June 6th, 2016 at 20:05.

I've fixed the original module, so it will run with FGU. Just a few minor encoding errors, I haven't changed any content. I also haven't checked whether it loads correctly in FGC.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Lichtblitz View Post
    I've fixed the original module, so it will run with FGU. Just a few minor encoding errors, I haven't changed any content. I also haven't checked whether it loads correctly in FGC.
    Thanks for doing this and sharing with the community!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for doing this and sharing with the community!
    Sure thing.
    In case you wish to fix this for your next release: the encoding declaration specifies UTF-8 but the actual encoding was ANSI. It seems FGU is more strict in parsing the XML (which is a good thing in my opinion). So I just converted it into actual UTF-8. That's all I had to do for this module and it works fine, otherwise. Thanks for providing it :-)

Blog Entries
    Sure thing.
    In case you wish to fix this for your next release: the encoding declaration specifies UTF-8 but the actual encoding was ANSI. It seems FGU is more strict in parsing the XML (which is a good thing in my opinion). So I just converted it into actual UTF-8. That's all I had to do for this module and it works fine, otherwise. Thanks for providing it :-)
    The parser in FGU is incredibly strict. The 'problem' is all the old DLC (1600+ and counting) state the encoding is ISO-8859-1 however in fact FGC allowed ANSI/Windows-1252 and the extra characters it provided, where FGU it absolutely will not. I would double check that this new module still works in FGC. (I have a feeling the FGC parser doesn't actually give a damn about encoding?) But 'backward compatibility' is the reason we're having to 'downgrade' our DLC to remove the extra characters the standard from 1987 doesn't support.

Yeah, considering backwards compatibility sounds like a real headache. Windows-1252 should work fine in FGU as well, as long as it's properly declared in the XML. Unity is based on .NET and the framework's XML parser is pretty solid and standards-conform.

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds so I went straight to UTF-8 without considering FGC, unfortunately.

Blog Entries
    Unity is based on .NET and the framework's XML parser is pretty solid and standards-conform.
    Apparently the cross-platform library will only accept ISO-8859-1 and since that's what all the old DLC says, that's what we're stuck with until FG Classic is sunset in a few years. At least that's what a certain Lunar Sorcerer keeps telling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Apparently the cross-platform library will only accept ISO-8859-1 and since that's what all the old DLC says, that's what we're stuck with until FG Classic is sunset in a few years. At least that's what a certain Lunar Sorcerer keeps telling me.
    Ah, I see. Thanks for your insight! :-)

Thread Information