Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Fleshed out? At 5000 characters plus your characters might already be legendary!
    hehe, if it was 5,000 characters per character, then yeah they would be. He has a very detailed application process and I can embellish at times, so that combined into something coming in at around 6,000 characters long. But my goodness, I am excited by the possibilities.
    Full License owner
    Destroyer of Bacon
    The thin line between genius and insanity is dotted.

You might be interested in taking a look at Obsidian Portal to contain your campaign notes also.

Quote Originally Posted by PhorgottenSon View Post
    hehe, if it was 5,000 characters per character, then yeah they would be. He has a very detailed application process and I can embellish at times, so that combined into something coming in at around 6,000 characters long. But my goodness, I am excited by the possibilities.
    I routinely exceed the 5000 character limit on FG myself so you're not alone, glad to see I'm not the only one :P

But what Nylanfs said .. I think you guys would find that very helpful ...

https://the-farscape-campaign.obsidianportal.com/

noticed that as an "example" sort of thing, it has subdivisions for character descriptions, items the PC's have, stuff like that ... epic words would be another great site

www.epicwords.com

and here's an example campaign

https://www.epicwords.com/example_campaign

So for example PhorgottenSon could type up his character description, set the post as viewable only by the GM using the "permissions" feature (unless PhorgottenSon doesn't have a problem with all the players in general seeing his background.. I personally leave all my stuff out in the open for players to read, find it makes it easier for players to RP with my PC .. but other players have strong feelings about not revealing that kind of stuff just like that and that you need to unearth it during FG game sessions ) .... and then keep adding to his character description as inspiration strikes .. at the very least it gives players an opportunity to post a picture and physical description of what their PC looks like, possibly the "first impressions" someone might have as far as the PC's personality when talking to the PC ... helps with the whole role-playing/getting into character bit ..

Back when I was an active FG player I would also volunteer to post session recaps describing what happened in a past FG game session... maybe one of firesnakearies players might volunteer to do that (helpful if a player is forced to miss a gaming session due to real life issues like work or what not, the player can see what happened when s/he was gone that way ) ..

I've also noticed from my past FG experience that players can either forget about, or be entirely too noble , about magic items the GM hands out ... " You take it ! " " No, I couldn't that would be too greedy, you take it ! " " No, I couldn't I insist you take it ! " :P .... and the magic item goes unclaimed... if you have a section of the forum for "loot" that's helpful too, lets players hash out on the forums who should get what among themselves, lets you keep a running tally of what the PC's have collected including any mysterious items not yet identified... as a player in past FG campaigns I would volunteer to post this stuff too for the GM (and of course if I made any mistakes the GM would just post a comment letting me know where I messed up )

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome firesnakearies - it looks like you might also be fairly new to fantasy grounds - if you have questions or need help please yell.

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    You might be interested in taking a look at Obsidian Portal to contain your campaign notes also.
    Ah yes, I've used Obsidian Portal for a previous campaign, a few years ago. It was this one: https://blackseas.obsidianportal.com/

I probably won't bother with an Obsidian Portal page for the Phandelver Reloaded game, or the solo campaign, but I will likely use it for my big homebrew campaign, when the time comes for that.

For those that have sent me PMs, I'm working on replying to all of you. If you've posted here and have not read my full Google doc and then sent me a PM with the requested info, please do so if you're seriously interested.

Between the various sites I posted this ad on, I've gotten about 70 interested parties at this point, so it's taking some time to sort through them all. I might have overdone it with the scope of my call for players, heh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firesnakearies View Post
    For those that have sent me PMs, I'm working on replying to all of you. If you've posted here and have not read my full Google doc and then sent me a PM with the requested info, please do so if you're seriously interested.

Between the various sites I posted this ad on, I've gotten about 70 interested parties at this point, so it's taking some time to sort through them all. I might have overdone it with the scope of my call for players, heh.
    I saw your posts on a few different places Even reddit

Quote Originally Posted by firesnakearies View Post

LOL .. 70 applicants - this is like casting for open auditions! I can just see firesnakesaries sitting in a director's chair, hopeful players telling him about their characters and firesnakes saying " Okay, thanks, we'll call you - NEXT ! " :P

Quote Originally Posted by Andrepartthree View Post
    LOL .. 70 applicants - this is like casting for open auditions! I can just see firesnakesaries sitting in a director's chair, hopeful players telling him about their characters and firesnakes saying " Okay, thanks, we'll call you - NEXT ! " :P

It's a little insane, actually. I've managed to write replies to all 72 people now, but I still have a lot of deciding to do. In retrospect, I probably didn't need to post my recruitment ad on 13 different sites...

Well, I just sent you another application to look at. Hopefully I'm not too late.

Thread Information