FG Spreadshirt Swag

Showing GM Rolls

There doesn't seem to be an option to show gm rolls in the settings menu but I know there is a command you can enter into chat that will unhide GM rolls.

Anyone remember it?

/die reveal To show GM roll results to the players.
    /die hide To hide GM roll results.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    /die reveal To show GM roll results to the players.
    /die hide To hide GM roll results.
    Thank you!

Quick heads up these commands errored out for me on my Mac with the latest native installer so I was unable to share rolls with friends.

What ruleset were you using? Is there an option in the Options Menu in the upper right? Usually something like "Chat: Show GM Rolls" set to On? You've probably looked for this but this is about the extent I can help because of my lack of programming skills.

Edit 1
    Okay, assuming you are using BRP rulest. I just tried it and it worked for me. I update as they come out (last week was the latest, I think).

Edit 2
    Okay, I actually deleted my .pak file of BRP and then updated to get the latest copy and /die reveal worked for me.

Are you using an extension or modded the ruleset maybe? I'm sorry, I wish I could help.

Edit 3
    Trenloe is here to save the day. Good luck, victusfate!
    Last edited by chillybilly; March 28th, 2019 at 16:49.

Quote Originally Posted by victusfate View Post
    Quick heads up these commands errored out for me on my Mac with the latest native installer so I was unable to share rolls with friends.
    Welcome to the FG forums.

Those commands work fine for me the BRP ruleset. As chillybilly has asked: what ruleset are you using? What is the error you're getting?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

They don't seem to be working in FGU now.

FGU uses a completely different /die implementation that's much more advanced and part of the client now. You can turn GM rolls on and off using the Options window.

Regards,
    JPG

Hm... good to know.
    I will miss the command. I used to have it under the shortcuts so I can quickly turn it on and off for my players. Sometimes I want them to see the roll, especially in the crucial moments of the adventure. Hope they will bring it back.

Thread Information