5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Quick NPCs

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption77 View Post
    I had also wondered why we dont have a place where we create characters and the like like pregenerated characters from the wotc website and make them available by exporting them and linking the file here.
    Like this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...in-their-games
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Resurrecting an old thread because I have a similar need...did the ability to add class levels to monsters ever come about for 5E? I know it might not be in the books, but as an earlier poster noted DMGenie was YEARS ahead of everything in this respect.

Maybe a way using HeroLab?

(man, do I miss DMGenie..it did things easily that other products STILL don't do)

Nothing has changed from what I mentioned in post #6 above. There is nothing official for adding class levels to NPCs.

Maybe if a 3PP (Third Party Publisher) created something with clear steps then it might be possible, with a FG publishing agreement with the 3PP and the technical development within Fantasy Grounds to cater for it. Maybe...
    Last edited by Trenloe; December 6th, 2017 at 21:27.

Blog Entries
    If you want the WoTC characters mentioned earlier in this thread, I figured out how to do it and make it legal and available. Look here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Guild-Offering

If you want a bunch of NPC ready for conversion into FG that can almost just be copied and pasted into NPC Engineer and made into a FG module, look for the NPC Engineer thread on this forum and then go here:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/172...iate_id=229540

Please note that there is an affiliate id, there, but all the links I gave are for pay what you want.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If the NPCs are people - bartenders, guards, bakers, brigands, jesters and mercenaries - and they dont contain any story lifted verbatim from some published works then I can see no reason why you couldnt do this.
    Bran the Barkeep
    Gerrom of the City Guard
    Carris the Outlaw
    etc...
    This is exactly what I need. From reading this forum, it sounds like no such functionality exists in Fantasy Grounds? There is no way to make quick townsfolk NPCs?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWill View Post
    This is exactly what I need. From reading this forum, it sounds like no such functionality exists in Fantasy Grounds? There is no way to make quick townsfolk NPCs?
    How much detail do you want in your townsfolk NPCs? You can create a new NPC via the NPCs campaign data window and fill out as much information as you want.

Depending on which ruleset you're using, there may be a library module that contains some base NPCs. What ruleset are you using?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWill View Post
    Hey SkyWill

Functionality? Thats definitely there.
    Has someone made and shared a resource containing that info? Not that Im aware of. It doesnt take long - open up your MM or your Srd or your Basic Rules
    Locate a Cultist or Brigand or Commoner or Guard or Noble or Thug (im sure there are others) and drag and drop it about 1cm and it will create a copy.
    Rename your copy Bran the Barkeep and adjust his stats if required.
    Do it again and you have Carris the Outlaw

later on when you have a few - click on Library -> Export -> NPCs and you can create a reusable module for use in later campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey SkyWill

Functionality? Thats definitely there.
    Has someone made and shared a resource containing that info? Not that Im aware of. It doesnt take long - open up your MM or your Srd or your Basic Rules
    Locate a Cultist or Brigand or Commoner or Guard or Noble or Thug (im sure there are others) and drag and drop it about 1cm and it will create a copy.
    Rename your copy Bran the Barkeep and adjust his stats if required.
    Do it again and you have Carris the Outlaw

later on when you have a few - click on Library -> Export -> NPCs and you can create a reusable module for use in later campaigns.
    I think that's what I'm looking for. I still can't find the Cultist/Brigand/Commoner/etc. It's not in the Basic Rules Module, or the MM, and the SRD does not come up as an available module for 3.5. Is there something special I need to do to get the SRD module added?

What I will just do for now is make all the townsfolk the level 1 Elf from the MM, put that on the combat tracker, duplicate it a few dozen times, then give a few different portraits/pogs and different names until I have my town populated. I might try to get away with not putting them on the combat tracker, and see if I can still manipulate them just as well.

I noticed if I put horses directly on from assets, they get forced to a 1x1 grid square, and if I make them an NPC from the MM and put them on the combat tracker, then put them in to the map from the combat tracker, they are large size. Is there any way to resize a pog or token? I figured it would be a 'right click' option, but no such luck.

Thank you for dealing with my exasperation. I probably should have just come here instead of getting so frustrated trying to figure this out on my own. I do understand that Fantasy Grounds has a lot more that it can do than Roll20, and with more functionality means it will have to be more complicated. That's why Roll20 needs no tutorials to use. It is foolish of me to expect FG to be just as easy.

I'm looking into the Library->Export-> NPCs, and you have me wondering:

Is there a way to script the behavior of NPCs? What I am doing is having a large battle take place that the PCs are a part of. I am planning on moving and deleting tokens manually, but if there is a way to have this happen at a button push or at the end of a turn, that would be pretty slick.

Thread Information