FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Half Orc Savage Attacks and Brutal Critical

Hello FG experts!

I had posted a previous question and got amazing responses super fast, so I wanted to try again. I searched, but I am either very bad at it, or it doesn't exist, but I wanted to try to change how many dice are rolled on a critical. Both the Half Orc's Savage Attacks and the Barbarian's Brutal Critical both change how many dice are rolled for a critical.

Is there an effect that can do this? What I'm doing now is I just made a second action that does an extra die of damage of the weapon's type, and I just roll that on top of my regular crit damage to account for it, but I would love to have it all automated

Thanks for any tips

If the half orc is a character, go to the Actions Tab on his character sheet. On the 'Weapons' bar, click on the hourglass. When the little window pops up, you'll have the option to add to the number of Crit dice rolled. Just add 1. that should cover you.

Quote Originally Posted by Morik View Post
    click on the hourglass. When the little window pops up, you'll have the option to add to the number of Crit dice rolled.
    Nevermind, I found it. It's not in the attached screenshot. Not sure how to delete that.
    Last edited by Modu; September 18th, 2015 at 05:25.

Wow, I feel foolish for not having ever tried that particular button. Thanks for pointing it out, it's exactly what I was looking for

For Savage Attacks there isn't a way to automate re-roll an entire roll and apply whichever result is obtained (presumably always the higher). What I would suggest for this is have the player untarget his target and then roll two damage rolls into the chat window. He can then click and hold on the result he wants and drag it onto the target.

For Brutal Strikes it is as Morik says. One thing to note however is that this will apply an extra damage dice to all critical damage rolls and not just those coming from melee attacks. Another way of doing it would be to set up an effect i.e. DMG: 1d8 critical. The 1d8 would be replaced with whatever damage your barb did with whatever weapon he has. Set the Expend? part to 'on next roll'. If you drag this effect onto the player after the attack roll but before damage is rolled (i.e. a critical hit has been made, with a melee attack) then it will apply correct damage and only when the correct attack type has been made.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm constantly amazed at what FG can do, and how much the community knows and is happy to share

Quote Originally Posted by Kesa0003 View Post
    I'm constantly amazed at what FG can do, and how much the community knows and is happy to share
    That's what we're here for
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I think you can choose to have the extra crit rolls on Melee or Ranged. I'll have to look pretty soon, when I get back. Also, will the Advantage button work for any roll, or just d20 rolls? I've never tried on anything but d20s. Might be a way to automate Savage Attacks if I remember how it works. I may be way off base here. Would serve me right to try doing this from memory

Quote Originally Posted by Morik View Post
    I think you can choose to have the extra crit rolls on Melee or Ranged. I'll have to look pretty soon, when I get back. Also, will the Advantage button work for any roll, or just d20 rolls? I've never tried on anything but d20s. Might be a way to automate Savage Attacks if I remember how it works. I may be way off base here. Would serve me right to try doing this from memory
    You are quite correct Morik, you can choose between ranged and melee for the additional dice on a critical, and that serves me right for doing it from memory

The ADV button only works for rolls to which advantage can apply; so pretty much anything except damage rolls.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    For Savage Attacks there isn't a way to automate re-roll an entire roll and apply whichever result is obtained (presumably always the higher). What I would suggest for this is have the player untarget his target and then roll two damage rolls into the chat window. He can then click and hold on the result he wants and drag it onto the target.
    Sorry for the thread necro, but as this thread is the top google search result right now for "Savage Attacks" I feel I should clarify.

Savage Attacks =/= Savage Attacker, which is what Zacchaeus is referencing above.

Savage Attacks works just like brutal critical, so just add an extra crit die to the weapons group meta data for melee crits.

Attachment 16866

Just for brevity's sake, here's the text for the feature:

When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon's damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.
    Last edited by Dracius; December 11th, 2016 at 16:48.

Thread Information