DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That's why I'm starting to think about figuring out how to parse the files. I haven't used PAR5E yet, but looking to read up on it. If I could setup a parsing script and environment, then each complete ruleset could be parsed each time it is updated with minimal hassle. Someone more familiar with the wiki, or with how the mod guide is setup, might be able to comment on the feasibility of then converting this to something more than a large static document.
    I'm not sure what you're thinking about here. PAR5E is for parsing user created text files and creating FG library data modules for (primarily) use in the 5E ruleset. That's all it's designed to do.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I only know little about par5e, but what I'm thinking is it extracts portions of text files and puts them into into differently formatted text files.

I've done a tiny bit with regex before to grab text strings out of text files and put them into other yet files. Things like extracting error messages from log files etc. If I could parse a directory oc files for one of several phases,like "<windowclass" or "<function" and then put that while line into a text file, then it could build the entire index of calls/onbjects/fumctions in a structured manner.

Is that clear enough?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Is that clear enough?
    Yep, that's clear enough. But PAR5E isn't designed to do that - it's specifically for parsing for 5E (hence the name). Zeus originally had the idea that it would allow library module parsing for CoreRPG and 3.5/PF but that functionality hasn't been implemented (I doubt it ever will).

If you want to produce LUA documentation there are various projects available external to Fantasy Grounds for that. Use your chosen search engine(tm) to look for "create documentation from lua" or similar. Here's one example: https://keplerproject.github.io/luadoc/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information