DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: RQ2 Extension

Blog Entries
    ext files are .zip files renamed so that FG knows how to handle them.
    unzip the file and have a look thru the xml files for some inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    ext files are .zip files renamed so that FG knows how to handle them.
    unzip the file and have a look thru the xml files for some inspiration.
    What he said

I recommend notepad++ to work on the files.

Now it's fully workable. Thank you very much

Just found it, Azaran! Thank you sir!

No problem Chief, hope you have some good fun

It's a bit.... bitty, but in all honesty that's the BRP ruleset behind it that doesnt have much in the way of bells and whistles like the adnd 5e ruleset does. Lets hope that changes soon.

Blog Entries
    With the delivery of the extras for the RQ2 Kickstarter humming along, playing RQ2 games is something I am interested in again. No other ruleset has everything that 5e does, does the BRP ruleset plus this extension allow for RQ2 play?
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

It does indeed. It's not as smooth as the 5e ruleset but once the updated BRP ruleset is released, i'll re-do this extension to work with it.

It handles things like the RQ2 character sheet, skill rolling, attacks and parries though parry you have to add as an attack skill.

It doesn't do some other things like spirit combat, that's still pretty much an opposed roll moderated by the GM.

Once the updated ruleset is out i'll look into expanding the extension perhaps to automate some of those features.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    It does indeed. It's not as smooth as the 5e ruleset but once the updated BRP ruleset is released, i'll re-do this extension to work with it.

It handles things like the RQ2 character sheet, skill rolling, attacks and parries though parry you have to add as an attack skill.

It doesn't do some other things like spirit combat, that's still pretty much an opposed roll moderated by the GM.

Once the updated ruleset is out i'll look into expanding the extension perhaps to automate some of those features.
    Woot! That would be great!
    Don't flirt with death... You just might get laid.

Hi!

I know this is an old thread, and BRP is an old extension, and that on top of that, I am trying to fit RQ2 play into all of this..
    But, how are you guys using the combat tracker with Strike Ranks?

The Strike Rank system in the BRP ruleset either seems kludgey or I am just not using it correctly.

Its fine if you are only performing one action multiple times, but how do you deal with a situation like firing a bow.

So, your archer fires a bow on SR2 (becuase the arrow was loaded on the last round).
    And then reloads (taking 5 SR)
    and then fires again on SR7.

If I set the characters SR to 2, her SR comes up every other time I press the "next actor" button.
    I can see the logic of what the ruleset is trying to do. Im just not sure how to work around it.

What do you guys do?

Thread Information