DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Okay, switch to "Preparation", click the circle next to the spell so that it's a dark circle, change to "Combat" you should ONLY see the spells that you have marked as "prepared".

Also I believe you ad the GM can mark spells on the player's list as used, so if you have people that are constantly forgeting you can do that for them, and then take a few more off to "encourage" them to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Okay, switch to "Preparation", click the circle next to the spell so that it's a dark circle, change to "Combat" you should ONLY see the spells that you have marked as "prepared".

Also I believe you ad the GM can mark spells on the player's list as used, so if you have people that are constantly forgeting you can do that for them, and then take a few more off to "encourage" them to remember.
    I'm not terribly sure what you mean by clicking until there is a dark circle. if you click in the circle a tick is placed in it. When you then go to combat it still shows all spells but those that have been prepared have a star sign to the left of the name. As you can see from the before and after screenshots attached. And, yes the GM can interfere with the players character sheets and whilst it is a bit more work having to constantly check it is the only way some players learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not terribly sure what you mean by clicking until there is a dark circle. if you click in the circle a tick is placed in it. When you then go to combat it still shows all spells but those that have been prepared have a star sign to the left of the name. As you can see from the before and after screenshots attached. And, yes the GM can interfere with the players character sheets and whilst it is a bit more work having to constantly check it is the only way some players learn.
    I think he meant PFRPG Ruleset. It has dark circle instead of tick and not prepared spells indeed disappear in combat mode. Which, by the way, is a good feature and I am surprised it's not included in 5E.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

I clicked on the little magnifying glass on the 'Spells Level 1' bar. In the pop up window, I corrected the number of 'Prepared Spells' (it's blank as default). Now when I go to Combat Mode, it only shows spells that I have prepared. I did it on our wizard and our druid and it worked for both. If we switch to Standard, it shows all spells, but marks the prepared spells with the little star.

Quote Originally Posted by Morik View Post
    I clicked on the little magnifying glass on the 'Spells Level 1' bar. In the pop up window, I corrected the number of 'Prepared Spells' (it's blank as default). Now when I go to Combat Mode, it only shows spells that I have prepared. I did it on our wizard and our druid and it worked for both. If we switch to Standard, it shows all spells, but marks the prepared spells with the little star.
    Neat! I was looking after this option, good job.
    Last edited by kane280484; September 12th, 2015 at 21:26.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    I think he meant PFRPG Ruleset. It has dark circle instead of tick and not prepared spells indeed disappear in combat mode. Which, by the way, is a good feature and I am surprised it's not included in 5E.
    Ah, ok. I suspect that it isn't included in 5e because not every class needs to prepare spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Ah, ok. I suspect that it isn't included in 5e because not every class needs to prepare spells.
    It is included, thankfully, Morik found it in a post above. It's not easy to find / not very intuitive though.

Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    It is included, thankfully, Morik found it in a post above. It's not easy to find / not very intuitive though.
    Ah, right. Since the 'prepared' thing apparently did nothing my players never bother to fill it in; so now they will

It seems like my druid's prepared spell count is wrong. I am level 3, and the Actions tab on the character sheet only shows "Prepared: 0 / 2" for level 1 spells and "Prepared: 0 / 1" for level to spells. I feel like the count should be 3 for level 1 and 2 for level 2. I noticed my CL was still 0 and tried incrementing that manually, but it did not change the counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayde View Post
    It seems like my druid's prepared spell count is wrong. I am level 3, and the Actions tab on the character sheet only shows "Prepared: 0 / 2" for level 1 spells and "Prepared: 0 / 1" for level to spells. I feel like the count should be 3 for level 1 and 2 for level 2. I noticed my CL was still 0 and tried incrementing that manually, but it did not change the counts.
    This thread is concerned with spells in 5e (and it is also very old). It sounds like your issue is not with the 5e ruleset but another one. You should post in the appropriate channel for the ruleset; and just start a new thread rather than adding to another thread which has probalbly nothing to do with your issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information