FG Spreadshirt Swag

Inexperienced, Looking for Star Wars EotE or DnD 5e

I cant ever seem to scrape together any good group to play IRL or through FG. I love reading stories like Sir Bearington, but have never even come close to having that much fun on my own.

I have a Full copy of FG (but no mic) and all of my Star Wars resources are updated. It's been a couple months since I last played EotE with my family so I'm a bit fuzzy on some of the finer points of the rules, but I assume a quick refresher would have me up and running again in no time (I have a character already, but F&D may have made her obsolete). I'm fairly well-versed in Star Wars lore & am dying for an actual roleplaying game experience.

DnD 5e is another story - I own absolutely nothing related to Dnd 5e. The closest I've come to DnD stuff is Neverwinter Nights. I tried doing a roleplaying group on NWN (chaotic neutral) a couple times in the past, but it never lasted and I don't even know where to begin regarding learning about DnD lore.

Even if there aren't any kind of "starter" games commencing soon, I still wouldn't mind some pointers on being a better roleplay gamer in general & how I might pull myself out of this pit of noobishness.

Hello there. I just thought i would give you a suggestion that will hopefully make it easier for people to find you. You should add your location to the forum Profile or a Signature, or a Timezone. Preferably both. Also what times you are willing to play. Good Luck!

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Good point! Also, for the moment, I think I might have a game lined up soon.

West Virginia (not the redneckish part), USA
    Welcome MoonlittDNC,
    I see you're from Pittsburgh, I plan on running a tabletop AL campaign here soon in Weirton, not a bad drive depending on where you're at in Pgh. If that doesn't work, get yourself a mic/headset and look around Teamspeak, I've listened in on a some sessions while being played (with permission, of course) and picked up quite a bit from that. Keep looking in the game calendar too, I'm sure somewhere there's a spot you can jump in on and the community here is great for introducing people to systems. I'm not to where I can be a fountain of information yet, but these are some of the ways I discovered things about 5E and FG, I'm sure there are several others that I missed.
    Good Luck and happy gaming !
    No matter where you go, there you are !!
    Ultimate License

FG game

Greetings!

I have a new campaign for Force and Destiny that takes place on every other Wednesday at 7:30pm EST and goes until 11pm or so. On Fantasy Grounds of course (my Ultimate license). Our next session is tomorrow. PM if you are interested.

Good luck gaming!

Bernard

Thread Information