DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Save Ends effects

Certain spells (Blindness/Deafness, Hold Person) allow a target to make a saving throw and the end of every turn to end their effect. Is there as way to format these spells to cause creatures to roll their saves and to end the effect automatically on a success?

Unfortunately no. The combat tracker does many, many things but it doesn't know that a save will end such a condition so it has to be done manually.

Are we still unable to do this or has there been an update ?

Hi FULLMETAL, welcome to FG.

Yes, the position is still the same. FG can't know that a save is required to end a condition.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

It surely FEELS like it could be done, tho.

There are many spells in 5E that allow saves at the end/start of the target's turn. 4E has a [SAVE] duration to effects that are there to remind players to make the save by the end of their turns, not only that but the player can drop the 'save roll' onto his combat tracker entry and end the effect(s) in case of a sucess, I miss that quite a lot in 5E.

Couldn't that be extended to a [X SAVE Y] format where 'X' is for the save ability [WIS, CON, CHA] and 'Y' is for the triggering moment in the turn/round when the save has to be done [END, START, DAMAGE (In case of taking damage: Hideous Laughter)]?

Just the 'drop save on character, compare to effect source CD and end effect in case of sucess' would be great. And honestly doesn't sound that hard to implement.
    "You sit here, in these vast halls, with a crown upon your head... And yet you are lesser now than you have ever been." - Dwalin Fundinson

Ultimate License holder, translation enthusiast and programmer in the making!

Add it to the wishlist - link in my signature. (If it was easy it would probably have been done already I suspect).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Sure, it could be done. Its a matter of resources, priorities, maintainability and performance. If it's in the wishlist, then the devs can evaluate all that and decide.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This has been implemented in 4e. I'm actually quite surprised it doesn't exist yet in 5e

Good Day All
    I believe this is what is being asked for? It is available on DMSGuild.
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/312...g-Save-Effects

Thread Information