DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 21 First ... 81617181920 ... Last
    [crap disregard, this has been resolved. I didn't see the following pages..]

I am a little late to the game here...

**for reference i downloaded the extension file from the head post of this thread.

after downloading the Big Fonts.ext i was receiving errors that it could not find "Candara,ttf" in multiple places

upon further inspection i noticed the comma in the font name.

some small digging and found that all the errors were in graphics_fonts.xml

i was able to fix it with a simple search and replace but for reference the lines were:

Edit::

There was another error with loading the bold-10.fgf for
    reference-subtitle: 24
    sheetlabel: 101

the error said that a ttf declaration was missing.
    I dont know much about fonts or how they are all linked but i just inserted one of the other font lines and it works.

verified the extension works in FGU

Cheers,

Kal
    Last edited by Kalikisan; September 17th, 2020 at 18:25.

I want to be able to use a second session as a digital map for in person games. Is this possible to hide everything but the map itself? Chat window, side bar, dice, player portraits etc. I mean everything but the map itself. Now I know you can just resize and drag the map over top of everything, but that still leaves the dice and it is not the best or cleanest option IMHO. I was just hoping there was some out of the box support for this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thornious View Post
    I want to be able to use a second session as a digital map for in person games. Is this possible to hide everything but the map itself? Chat window, side bar, dice, player portraits etc. I mean everything but the map itself. Now I know you can just resize and drag the map over top of everything, but that still leaves the dice and it is not the best or cleanest option IMHO. I was just hoping there was some out of the box support for this.
    top right corner of an image window has an arrow point to the upper right. click it twice. How's that?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Allie View Post
    It is packed up wrong. If you look inside the extension, you will see it is all plopped into a folder named BigFonts. All the junk in the big fonts folder should be in the root of the archive. unpack it, delete that folder, then add the stuff that lives in the BigFonts folder (without the folder itself)

So when you examine your new packed extension you will see:
    Graphics (a folder)
    extension.xml (a file)
    Double checked to make sure I followed these directions correctly, but the BigFonts extension doesn't show up under the list of extensions available when loading my campaign. I also don't see any changes in game. I've attached an image of my packed extension. I don't know why it won't show up, maybe a recent patch to fantasy grounds unity is broken it.BigFonts image.jpg

If anyone has any ideas on how to get to work, that would be cool.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk Gamer View Post
    Double checked to make sure I followed these directions correctly, but the BigFonts extension doesn't show up under the list of extensions available when loading my campaign. I also don't see any changes in game. I've attached an image of my packed extension. I don't know why it won't show up, maybe a recent patch to fantasy grounds unity is broken it.BigFonts image.jpg

If anyone has any ideas on how to get to work, that would be cool.
    When you zip, do not select the folder to zip it, only the content. When you zip only use Windows zip, not 7z or other zip formats.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

duplicate removed

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    top right corner of an image window has an arrow point to the upper right. click it twice. How's that?
    Sorry I just saw this response. That is how I am using it, but it still displays the hotkeys, the bar at the top, and the dice. Now granted you can oversize the map, but it also starts messing the grid sizing or so I have found.
    Last edited by thornious; September 23rd, 2020 at 18:16.

FGU has deprecated FGF fonts, so I needed to change this in any case. Simply replace <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-10.fgf" /> with <ttf file="graphics/fonts/Candarab.ttf" name="Candara Bold" size="10"/> in both instances. Or use the attached version
    Attached Files Attached Files

So I'd just like some advice from peeps here.

Our group started using Fantasy Grounds while we were in lockdown but never really did as much as I hoped.

Just recently one of my players suggested we just start playing around a table again, face to face. We live on a small Island that has no lockdown now as we are almost completely Covid free.

I think that is what we will do but having used Fantasy Grounds Ultimate we appreciate the many cool things we can do with it, so we would like to play a hybrid game.

My plan is to host a local port game and either everyone brings a laptop or we run with the DM having a laptop and having two or maybe three laptops available and connect one of the laptops to our tv.

Alternatively we could run with two laptops, one DM laptop and one player laptop connected to our tv. The one player laptop would run each of the player characters.

Does anyone have any advice on what worked for them? Any obvious pitfalls we could avoid?

We will start with 1E/2E D&D and Cthulhu/Pulp Cthulhu games and probably expand into Traveller and more up to date versions of D&D later.

Also, at some point a player from mainland UK would prob like to join us as he was in our original group nearly 40 years ago. Is there a way I can run a local game but shoehorn someone in remotely?

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Lots of options, and depending upon how many computers you have access to etc you can try different things. Here's what I would do;
    - 1 GM computer that just runs itself.
    - 1 player view computer that you hook to your TV so everyone has a big visual reference. (If needed and the GM computer has enough CPU/RAM, then this can be a second instance of FG run by the GM).
    - 1+ player control computers. This would own the various PCs and can be passed around to the players if you don't have one for each person.

Also, turn on Party Vision in the GM options, this way the big TV sees everything

As for your remote friend, as long as the GM has internet access, your remote player can connect it no problem. If you have the bandwidth, I suggest a 'room' web camera with something like Discord so he can see what everyone if up to, and he can have a camera so all of you can see what he's up to

Thread Information