5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 19 of 21 First ... 91718192021 Last
    Hi Velshandru!

Thank you for working on the text extension. I have downloaded the version you posted in post #178. However I am having no such luck with having it work. The extension is being read but not applied. (i.e. I can select it as an option to load, but it does not actually apply the larger font size to the FGU campaign.) Any help you can offer would be much appreciated! (I am not a technology savvy person....)

- Lady Archer

I don't even see where to put extensions or how to make them work, i just installed the unity demo for mac and there's only the 1 sub-folder for the updater...
    Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.12.59 PM.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemary89069 View Post
    I don't even see where to put extensions or how to make them work, i just installed the unity demo for mac and there's only the 1 sub-folder for the updater...
    Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.12.59 PM.png
    You're looking in the wrong place. You don't want to be looking in the updater or the application directory. Instead, Launch FG, in the top corner is a folder icon. Click that and it will open the FG Data Folder. In there is a folder called extensions (and modules, and rulesets, and...), create it if it doesn't exist. Put your extensions in that folder then select them when you start a campaign.

Please understand;
    - extensions = risk, they have the potential to break things and are only supported by the extension developer and not SmiteWorks
    - Do not use more than one theme, or you should expect things to look bad/wrong

In short, if you don't know what an extension does, don't use it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Archer View Post
    Hi Velshandru!

Thank you for working on the text extension. I have downloaded the version you posted in post #178. However I am having no such luck with having it work. The extension is being read but not applied. (i.e. I can select it as an option to load, but it does not actually apply the larger font size to the FGU campaign.) Any help you can offer would be much appreciated! (I am not a technology savvy person....)

- Lady Archer
    Any updates on increasing font size through an extension in FGU?

E5436741-8EB8-4AE2-87B8-F4239F459B17.jpeg
    Thought you might like this. Got a second hand touch screen TV. It's on a pivot frame now, the photo was before that enhancement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Thought you might like this. Got a second hand touch screen TV. It's on a pivot frame now, the photo was before that enhancement.
    Nice though I think the guy on the upper left needs to see a doctor, he's looking a bit jaundiced *G*

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    It absolutely can be used like that. What I'd do is run the GM client on your main laptop and connect in with a player client on the TV output screen. That way you can retain the GM only things just for you and use map masking and all of that.

There's a few tricks for 5E as well where you can have your friends roll dice at the table and just apply the effects in game. You'd set up Attack and Damage effects on a dummy character with no dice. drag them to the bar and use the modifier stack to add whatever the roll is then drag onto wherever you need it.

The 5E adventures are amazing too since they include everything needed, maps, monsters, pregens and story for you. My friend, who had never DM'd before, bought Lost Mines of Phandelver and ran a flawless and fun game since it was all so easy for him.
    Absolutely agree. I have done it just like this at my tabletop when I was having in-person games. The players still get to roll all of their physical dice at the table as normal, but you as the DM can still use the combat tracker to input their damages manually. It is so much better than on a scrap of paper like I used to do before Fantasy Grounds! Also, on the DM side it still makes running monsters quick and easy for you. I suggest embracing the digital dice for attack rolls against your players and especially for things like rolling a ton of saving throws.

It's also great because I no longer need to find minis for everything, just use the artistic tokens -- it saves you money there!

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Very nice if we ever in game def will be doing a table top monitor.

Using the big fonts posted in #178. One thing I've noticed using this extension with FGU is this: The name of whoever is active in the combat tracker reverts to really small text. Not game breaking or anything but wondered if anyone else is experiencing this. smallnameCT.png

All around the bigger text with smaller ui is working well regardless. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ramza; May 30th, 2021 at 17:53.

Thread Information