FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Damage reduction.

Is there a way to reduce damage dealt to character that has the Heavy Armor Master feat by 3? Its kind of a pain to just go in and modify the damage in the combat tracker after damage is applied. Is there a way to automate this? Thanks for any replies.

Hmm.. you can do both parts of what you'd need, but I can't seem to get them to work together. Like you can reduce damage by 3 no problem, DMG: -3 and you can resist the damage types as in RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !magic but something like: IF: damagetype(bludgeoning, piercing, slashing, !magic); DMG: -3 isn't working. It's the "damagetype" conditional that seems to be missing for IF or some other way to test for incoming damage types.

Reading the earlier posts about this on the forums it seems mostly people just either use a DMG: -3 effect on themselves or have the GM apply the -3 mod as they roll damage.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mage-Reduction
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...y-Armor-Master
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...fects-examples

Seems it might have worked in 3.5: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-overcoming-it
    Last edited by kylania; August 2nd, 2015 at 08:55.

RESIST: 3 slashing, bludgeoning, piercing, !magic
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Removed the rubbish I talked, see below.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; August 2nd, 2015 at 14:43.

Numerical resistance effects are supported in 5E. This was specifically added to support Heavy Armor Master.

The effect Nickademus posted should work. Let me know if it does not.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; August 2nd, 2015 at 13:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Numerical resistance effects are supported in 5E. This was specifically added to support Heavy Armor Master.

The effect Nickademus posted should work. Let me know if it does not.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Oh, now I must have missed that somewhere along the line.

I did try out Nickademus' suggestion and it didn't work. Now, when I try it again it does, so I must have been guilty of a spelling error or something.

Good stuff young Moon

I swear it wasn't working, then I went and reset the chat log and started to test every variation of the command and now it's working! But I'm sure the first few times I tried it it didn't work...

Someone should add this as an example to the Wiki. Just having the (N) in the syntax chart isn't obvious enough that this works without an example. Especially since the functionality changed from the DR of previous rule sets apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Very cool. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    Someone should add this as an example to the Wiki. Just having the (N) in the syntax chart isn't obvious enough that this works without an example. Especially since the functionality changed from the DR of previous rule sets apparently.
    I added this to the wiki.

Awesome. Thanks.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information